Monday 7 November 2022

Heart of Christmas - Week 19



Hello everyone and welcome to Week 19 of the Heart of Christmas blog hop from members of the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! Team.

I had so much fun this week making an Origami wreath for my Facebook LIVE tutorial.


There was LOTS of folding involved but that's Origami.
Once all of your pieces are folded, the wreath comes together quite quickly.


I started with eight pieces of Designer Series Paper that were cut to 2" x 4". I used these two gorgeous patterns from the Celebrate Everything (Host) 12" x 12" DSP pack that you will find on the inside back page of the Mini Catalogue.
I am in love with all of the fun, bright and beautiful colours and designs!



I added mine to this purchased gift bag. It makes a lovely tag and afterwards the recipient can hang it on their Christmas tree as an ornament and memento!
I personalised the bag even more by adding strips of the same DSP to the top of the bag at the front and back and attaching basic rhinestones for some festive sparkle. I used a retired clip for the closure at the top.


If you have any questions about my project tonight, please feel free to get in touch.

To find the Facebook LIVE video please use this link:


There are thumbnail images below of the products I used to create the Origami wreath. Each one is linked to my online store for more information.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks so much for stopping by on your way through our hop.

Kathryn Ruddick is our next creative and talented team member to share her Heart of Christmas project with us all.


 If you experience any difficulties with linking to the next blog in the hop, our lovely host Sharon Davern will have a list of everyone who has participated tonight.

Stay safe and well. See you all again next time.




Product List

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Caroline ... I love your paper and colour choices. How wonderful, that this lovely little wreath does double duty, as a bag tag and a tree ornament! Lovely gift. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag/ornament is fabulous! The papers are a great choice, and I love that you've also used them on the gift bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea for an ornament, Caroline! I love these bright papers too, they are so much fun, and your design showcases them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wreath ornament! It is fabulous! The colours are great, the DSP you have chosen are wonderful! I love the video tutorial too, I will be able to make one no problem! Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wreath ornament is fabulous Caroline and a sensational way to showcase (and use up) designer series paper. You have me rethinking my bonbonniere for the Christmas table. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours for your origami wreath, Caroline. I love how you upcycled a plain white gift bag with some DSP to match. I remember when my eldest was in primary school and her teacher asked me to come in and teach the whole class how to make these.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.