Wednesday 17 May 2023

Colour Creations - Week 3



Hi and welcome everyone!

It's Week 3 of the Colour Creations blog hop from members of the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! team for 2023-2024.


Tonight our showcase colour is Moody Mauve from the 2023-2025 In Colour Collection. The first five weeks of our blog hop is dedicated to each of these new In Colours.


Being time poor I wasn't able to be as adventurous as I would like to have been with this weeks card, but I was determined to participate in the hop having missed the first two weeks.

Nonetheless, I'm pleased with the end result and I will pop it away for someone's special day.


Having just received the beautiful Fresh As a Daisy Designer Series Paper and the coordinating Cheerful Daisies Bundle, I wanted my card to focus on these products.

It was an obvious choice to go with the pattern of the white daisies on a Moody Mauve background to give some instant colour to my Basic White embossed layer and card base. In nature, I absolutely love white flowers, so this is what I created next - a three layered white daisy.


Here is something else that I absolutely love - the detail you get from the die cut daisy pieces. Just gorgeous!
I die cut foliage from some Distressed Gold Specialty Paper and another pattern from the Fresh As a Daisy DSP for these pieces.


Inside the card.


The sentiment is from the Sweet Songbirds stamp set and it is heat embossed in white onto Moody Mauve card stock.

I'll have a full list of store linked thumbnail images below this post of the Stampin' Up! products I used on my card.

Thank you so much for stopping by on your way through our blog hop tonight.

You'll be visiting the lovely, Sharon Davern next.


If you happen to find a broken link a complete list of all tonight's participants can be found on the blog of our lovely host, Catherine Proctor.


Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.



Product List

11 comments:

  1. Caroline, the Distressed Gold Specialty Paper works so well with the Fresh As a Daisy DSP! I love the use of the Countryside Corners dies for the inside of your card too. What a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, a beautifully put-together card, Caroline! I love the Distressed Gold elements; a little muted, just like Moody Mauve. You have achieved a really beautiful balance of white and Moody Mauve on this oh-so-pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa Gerrard17 May 2023 at 20:36

    Oh Caroline such a beautiful card even though you said you were time poor! The little touches of Distressed Gold are perfect. I really love that sentiment, might have to check out that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have guessed that you were time poor this week - your card is as beautiful as ever. The layered daisy looks wonderful against the Mauve DSP, and the touches of gold are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a clever way of using lots of white space, Caroline. I love the white flower and the embossed layer. These patterned papers are so beautiful and the metallics look great too; silver or gold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Caroline. I love your white die cut daisy with the touches of distressed gold foliage. Gorgeous inside and out. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel Palmieri18 May 2023 at 16:17

    The white daisies are very popular but it’s no wonder, they are so pretty and yours are no exception. Loving all the layers on your card Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel Woollard18 May 2023 at 20:39

    Stunning white Daisy on these beautiful Moody Mauve papers

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful and fresh looking card from the embossed bottom layer to the scalloped patterned layer. I love the different twigs to accompany the gorgeous focal daisy flower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous, Caroline, loving those white daisies to give a lift to the Moody Mauve.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card inside and out. I love how you the embossed background to layer your DSP and white daisy on with the lovely distressed gold leaves. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.