Wednesday 26 April 2023

Colour Creations - Week 50


Hello & welcome everyone!

It's Week 50 and the final Colour Creations blog hop from members of the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! Team for 2022-2023!
But don't fret, we'll be back next week to begin our new  stampin' year with the new Annual Catalogue, wonderful new colours and products, and of course new inspiring colour creations from the team.

Right now it's time to bid farewell to Soft Suede.


Not only are we saying goodbye to Soft Suede tonight, it's also goodbye to the Art Gallery stamp set and coordinating Floral Gallery dies. You can still grab them at a great discounted price from the Last Chance Products Sale that's happening now at Stampin' Up!.




This is such a simple fun-fold.
It's a regular portrait card with the front scored down the middle and folded back on itself, that's it. So simple and easy.

I added a piece of Soft Suede card stock to the folded panel of the card front. Before attaching it though, I stamped the floral image in second generation Soft Suede ink. Actually, all of the stamped images are second generation. I love the colour variations you get from stamping on different coloured card stock with the same coloured ink.


The die cut floral element was stamped twice onto Basic White card stock. I cut one out with the die, and the second one I fussy cut the three larger flowers with my paper snips so I could pop them up individually for some extra depth.


I wanted to add something behind the die cut to help ground it but I didn't want to add too many layers. So I decided on a piece of Crumb Cake card stock cut out with a scalloped contour die and drew horizontal lines across it with my Crumb Cake Stampin' Write marker.


 On the inside of the card I echoed the scalloped rectangle for the writing panel. I positioned it so that when the card is closed it can't be seen. 


You might just be able to see some sparkly shimmer on the hand cut flowers. The Wink of Stella pen is perfect for creating a subtle sparkle wherever and whenever it's needed.

The sentiment is from the same stamp set as the flowers and it's stamped onto gold foil with Stazon Jet Black ink. It was cut out with a label die from the Floral Gallery dies. I finished the card by adding tiny pearls, a butterfly, and a double bow of linen thread.


You will find thumbnail images for each of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create my card in the product list below this post.

Now it's time for me to say goodbye and thank you for stopping by on your way through our blog hop tonight. I won't be here next week but the girls will still be hopping, so be sure to check out their projects for Week 1 of our 2023-2024 Stampin' season!

You'll be visiting the lovely host of our blog hop next, Catherine Proctor.


If you come across a broken link, a complete list of all tonight's participants can be found on Catherine's blog.


Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.





Product List

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I never thought that Soft Suede could be pretty, so I think that you've achieved the impossible! Your card is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline, I love the colour variations you've achieved from second generation stamping on different coloured card stock. It's so soft and pretty - amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel Woollard26 April 2023 at 20:35

    Lovely card Caroline, especially love the gold pops on your card

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Caroline. I love your use of soft suede with the lighter stamped off version. The combination of Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and Basic White with touches of Gold is delightful and works so well with the Art Gallery images. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made Soft Suede look so pretty, Caroline. The softness is beautiful and I love how you fussy cut and layered your glittery flowers. Love the hand drawn lines too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Caroline, I so love Soft Suede and your card really does bring it to life. Even if it is for the last time.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.