Monday 9 October 2023

Heart of Christmas - Week 10




Hi everyone!

The weeks are really starting to fly by now and it's already Week 10 of the Heart of Christmas blog hop from members of the Art with Heart Team.


I was inspired to create a card with the Festive & Fun stamp set after joining an online card class with UK Demonstrator, Emma Goddard over the weekend. Emma's projects were gorgeous, bright and fun but I decided to tone it down a little with my creation by using the beautiful Winter Meadow Designer Series Paper.
Both the stamp set and 12" x 12" DSP are available from the September to December Mini Catalogue.


The trees were heat embossed in gold onto Basic White and then fussy cut. The baubles and bow were coloured with my light and dark Balmy Blue Stampin' Blends markers before being added to a Scalloped Contours die cut.


In this photo you can really see the gorgeous embossing on the trees and greeting which is also from the stamp set. I did shorten the greeting however by masking off the word 'Happy' before stamping. It's cropped with a Stylish Shapes banner die.


White Glitter sequins were added for a sparkly snowy effect.


The card is not exactly what I had in my head but sometimes those ideas and images just don't come together when you need them to. That being said, I am fairly pleased with the end result and I hope you have found some inspiration for crafting with the Festive & Fun stamp set.

The Stampin' Up! products I used on my card will be listed below.

Thanks for stopping by on your way through this weeks Heart of Christmas blog hop. Now it's time to check out the creative talents of the lovely, Theresa Gerrard.


If you have any difficulties linking to the next blog using the options above our lovely host, Sharon Davern will have the complete list of tonight's participants over on her blog.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.



Product List

9 comments:

  1. Your gold and white trees are delightful! You've arranged them so beautifully on your card. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline your white and gold card is so elegant, I love lol of the white space

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your subtle, muted, colour scheme on this card, Caroline. I really like how you used the Christmas tree, without the animals from the stamp set ... and how you tailored the sentiment to your liking. A beautiful, elegant, card (as always!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not love this card more, I love the trees, I just love them without the animals they are perfect! I love the DSP and the white and gold elements! You are the queen of white space and elegance my friend. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card, Caroline. The embossed trees look fabulous and great job masking off the giraffe, the soft colours are very restful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caroline you should be very pleased with your card even though it wasn't what you had intended. I love how you managed to just use the trees instead of the whole stamp. I also love how you have carried the blue from the background paper onto the baubles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caroline your trees are very whimsical and your colour palette is very serene. A beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card, Caroline. Back to your white space and it is divine. Love the gold embossing and that trio of trees is beautiful. A gorgeous colour palette with that DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely striking cards with that pop of gold embossing on all the white space. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.