Monday 2 October 2023

Heart of Christmas - Week 9


Hello everyone and welcome to Week 9 of the Heart of Christmas blog hop from members of the Art with Heart Team.

Last week saw team members, Kate and Theresa, sharing their beautiful Fractured/Faux Shutter cards. I don't think that I've ever made one before so this week I thought I'd give the technique a try too.


I went for a square card base of Thick Basic White and added a layer of the gorgeous Winter Meadow Designer Series Paper. I love the variety of patterns in this pack and the soft and pretty colour palette.


I placed the Boho Blue square slightly off centre and on point before adding the strips of the More Dazzle Specialty Paper. I had initially heat embossed the bird from the So Very Merry stamp set in gold onto the Stylish Shape square before deciding to die cut a circle from the DSP and then stamp the bird tone on tone and fussy cut. Now she proudly sits up on dimensionals.


The perfectly apt greeting is from the Sparkling Snowflakes stamp set and is heat embossed onto Boho Blue in white.
There is so much sparkle on this card!


The inside of the card has a tiny touch of sparkle too.
I don't often stamp a sentiment on the inside, but I do like to add a narrow strip of the DSP or coloured card stock I'm working with.

Do you stamp a sentiment or add a little something to the inside of your cards?


To finish the card a nest of gold foil fronds from the Cheerful Daisies dies were topped off with a double bow of gold twine and lastly a lovely scattering of mixed sequins.

Thank you for stopping by on your way through our Heart of Christmas blog hop this week. If you are interested in any of the Stampin' Up! products I used on my card, you'll find a product list below.

It's time to check out the creative talents of the lovely, Rosa Leyden next.



If you have any difficulties linking to the next team members blog using the options above our lovely host, Sharon Davern will have the complete list of all tonight's participants on her blog.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.



Product List

6 comments:

  1. Boho Blue goes so beautifully with the More Dazzle paper, Caroline. I love those papers, and love how you've used them on your gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how beautiful! I love how the fractures in the card work so wonderfully with the DSP. It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Faux Shutter card Caroline. The Winter Meadow DSP is so gorgeous and I love your addition of the More Dazzle Speciality paper to create the faux shutter. Boho Blue is a delightful with the DSP as it the little bird. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline I love how the central tile is off-centre and framed by the pretty DSP. The More Dazzle glitter specialty paper is a gorgeous addition along with the gold fronds and trim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Caroline. I love all the gold sparkle you have added with the glimmer paper, gold foil sprigs and the simply elegant trim bow. The blues and whites are so pretty and surround your lovely bird perfectly. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caroline this is the prettiest shutter card I have seen. I love your mix of products as it works beautifully together. That cute 'stained glass' bird was the perfect image for your focal point. The gold fronds, fuzzy cut greeting, sequins and bow really add a lot of texture and detail.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.