Tuesday 21 August 2018

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop


Hello stamping friends, here we are with Week 12 of our Colour Creations blog hop and tonight we're sharing our Coastal Cabana projects with you all.

Coastal Cabana 6" x 6" DSP pack from the Brights Collection

Coastal Cabana was one of our 2013-2015 In Colours and it has made a welcome return to our colour families sharing a spot in our brights collection.

*Fun trivia question: What were the names of the other four 2013-2015 In Colours?
Find the answer below.

When I decided to join tonight's hop I thought yep, I'm sure I have plenty of Coastal Cabana to make a card. Hmmm - nope, well not in the spot where I keep my current cardstock, so off I went in search of just a few scraps from somewhere in my craft room. Finally, I found an old pack of the '13-'15 in colours. Boy, that was close!

Here's what I finally managed to create.


This is quite literally a little hello as I've used one of our narrow note cards. They measure 4 1/2" x 2 1/2" and they are so sweet. I'm slipping this card inside a Holiday Catalogue that I'm posting off to a customer this week. I have been wanting to make something with the Tea Room Specialty DSP since I got it last week. The lightweight paper is adorned with such pretty, delicate patterns and it coordinates with the Tea Room Suite on pages 14-15 in the Annual Catalogue, this entire suite is just so beautiful. And you have to see the ribbon in real life to appreciate how gorgeous it is - believe me!


The accent colour of this suite is copper and it really looks gorgeous with all of the designs in the DSP and that's why I chose to heat emboss the sentiment from 'Itty Bitty Greetings' and the flowers from the 'Time For Tea' stamp set in copper. Another copper product is the 6" x 6" glimmer paper that will be available to purchase on the 5th September from the 2018 Holiday Catalogue.
Have you noticed the copper rhinestone embellishment?
It's actually one of the clear rhinestones that I coloured with my bronze stampin' blend, but it looks just like copper.
The lovely thing about these little note cards is that they come with their own matching envelopes and here I've added a stitched circle of the DSP that I cut in half.

*Trivia Answer: Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding and Strawberry Slush.
How did you go - did you guess right?

Well that's it from me, now it's time to see what the other girls have created and you can check them all out by clicking on Cathy's blog link below.

http://whatcathymade.com.au/awh-colour-creations-blog-hop-week-12-coastal-cabana/


If you're leaving a comment below, thank you so much.
I read and appreciate them all. 💗

Until next time.....
Stay happy & stay crafty! 😘


Product List

4 comments:

  1. Caroline I have to admit you stumped me with that quiz...and you've stunned me again with a simply gorgeous card. I love that ribbon too. Thanks for hopping along on the colour Creations blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Love it, such a gorgeous card,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your notecard using that gorgeous Tea Room paper and stunning ribbon. I agree, it is beautiful in real life. Your little quiz, I knew the answer to that one, as it was my favourite year of in colours and the only ones I still have the complete set of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I got the other colours right (well all except the pudding part of Pistachio Pudding). Fun quiz. Just love your beautiful card. Copper looks great with Coastal Cabana.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.