Thursday 16 April 2020

AWH Team - April Creative Showcase - Mother's Day



Hello friends, and welcome to this month's Monthly Creative Showcase with the Art With Heart Stampin' Up! Team.

The theme for this month's showcase is Mother's Day.
The Art With Heart team are hoping to share a little Mother's Day love and inspiration with you all tonight.

I have a couple of projects to show you and here is the first one - my card.


Stampin' Up! have on early release from the new Annual Catalogue for 2020-2021, a new suite called Ornate Garden. This beautiful suite of coordinating products is available to purchase now for customers and demonstrators alike.
With it's floral elements in the Designer Series Paper and the embossing folder, stamp sets and dies, it was the perfect choice for me to create my Mother's Day projects.


I decided to revisit a panel card design that I first tried at Christmas time last year. I think it suits this card nicely. I fluked the lighting in the above photo, and I'm pleased that it really defined the look of the embossing.


The sentiment is from the Timeless Tulips stamp set. I stamped this in Early Espresso and cropped with a die from the Stitched So Sweetly die set. The Ornate Garden suite also includes a combo pack of ribbon, but I decided to use some of our Terracotta Tile scalloped linen ribbon. Also included in the suite is a pack of gold gilded gems, and I used one here for a tiny touch of bling.


 Inside the card, I simply layered a piece of Whisper White onto a piece of the DSP that was cropped with a die from the Ornate Layers dies.

My second project was a matching bookmark.


To stop the edges of the bookmark from getting worn, I added a piece of window sheet.
The sentiment is from one of the two stamp sets in the Ornate Garden suite.

Ornate Garden Suite Collection from Stampin' Up!



That's it from me - thank you for stopping by.

I am really looking forward to seeing the other projects on tonight's hop, so join with me now and let's hop over to the blog of the lovely and talented Michele Taylor, to see what she has created for our Mother's Day theme.


If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, below is the list of tonight's participants.


If you're leaving me a comment below, thank you so much.
I read and appreciate them all. 💗


See you next time.....














5 comments:

  1. Your panel card is so pretty Caroline. The colours you have used work really well with this design and show off that lovely embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever to use the sentiment on the bookmark, two lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline, I love the rounded edges on your panel card and how clever adding some window sheet onto of the bookmark, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Caroline I’ve never made a panel card but you’ve really inspired me. This card is a wonderful way to showcase those dies and your bookmark is beautiful too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card and bookmark are both gorgeous Caroline. I love your combination of colours and dies and the effect of the panel card it self. Your coordinating bookmark with the window sheet is so clever. I had been thinking of using the same ornate die for a bookmark and will now be adding acetate as well. xxx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.