Tuesday 5 May 2020

Playing with Poppies

Hello friends.

I thought it was time I shared some poppy cards with you all.  The 3 designs I've featured in today's blog post, were cards that my class ladies made back in February this year.

 Here is my first card.


This is such a sweet little card, it is a simple circle easel design.  These easy fun fold cards can be made in almost any shape. I have seen ovals, squares, rectangles and heart shaped ones. And I've also seen double and triple easel cards.
My card was made using the largest of the scalloped circles from the Layering Circles dies, and then layering cardstock and DSP in different sized Stitched Shapes circles.  The stamped sentiment was cropped with a scalloped rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly dies, matted and then added to a larger scalloped rectangle.


I love stamping on the envelope too! And as you can see, the card folds neatly to fit inside.

My next card is a Pop-Out Curvy fun fold.


I found this design on Pinterest.  Unfortunately, I don't know who to give credit to for the original idea.
When I first saw this, I couldn't work out how it would fold into an envelope until I realised that you don't fold it.  It lies flat inside - very clever!
All of the floral prints in the Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper are gorgeous.  For my class, I had enough ladies so that each of the patterns were used.  And I can tell you that all of the cards looked fantastic!  I wish I had taken a photo of them all to show you.

This was our third fun fold card.


This card is stunning and I love its simple design and easy fold.
I first saw this design on the YouTube channel of Mixed Up Craft, and it's called a Pop-Out Gate Fold card by Samantha Clayton.


One thing I really love about all of these fun fold cards is how easily they fold flat.

***At the time of publishing this blog post, the Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper was still available to purchase from the Last Chance Products list.***


Thank you for stopping by.  I hope these fun fold cards have inspired you to create some too.


If you are leaving me a comment below, thank you so much.
I read and appreciate them all. 💗

See you next time. 😘



Product List














No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.