Wednesday 28 October 2020

AWH Team - Colour Creations Week 22 - Just Jade


Hello and welcome everyone.

It's Week 22 of the Colour Creations Showcase from the Art With Heart team.
Tonight's featured colour is Just Jade, one of our 2020-2022 In Colours.


I really need to build up my stash of Christmas cards, so tonight I decided to showcase Just Jade on a Christmas card.


I first saw this Fun-Fold design on the YouTube channel of Mixed Up Craft by Samantha Clayton. It's called a Pop-Out Gate Fold card and it's a really great layout for making a feature of the sentiment and embellishments.


It does fold flat for mailing, although it might cost a little more than the normal price of a stamp depending on how much you embellish, a card like this is worth spending a bit more on postage I think.


I chose this pattern from the Flowers For Every Season Designer Series Paper pack. I love the Just Jade background colour with the lovely Poppy Parade poinsettias and pale white leaves. The patterns in this pack feature all of our 2020-2022 In Colours. I matted the DSP with Just Jade card stock, and the centre Whisper White strip was embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.

I used a die from the Ornate Layers Dies, cut from Poppy Parade card stock, on top of this I added a Stitched So Sweetly die-cut rectangle from Just Jade card stock. The sentiment from the Dove Of Hope stamp set was stamped in Just Jade classic ink onto Whisper White card stock and cut out with the label die, also from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies.


I used the poinsettia die from the Wreath Builder Dies to create the Poppy Parade flowers that consist of two die-cuts each and a small circle, also from this die set, cut from Bumblebee card stock for the centres.
To complete the embellishing I added three Bumblebee enamel dots and a double bow in Poppy Parade ribbon from the combo ribbon pack called All The Trimmings from the Aug-Dec Mini Catalogue.


 On the back of the card, there is plenty of room for writing a personal message.


I added a strip of DSP to the back of a 6" square envelope, leaving space at the top to write my 'sender' details.

*****

Here's a pic of the first Pop-Out Gate Fold card that I made earlier this year. As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I think this is a great layout for making a feature of your sentiments and embellishments, and also of our wonderful Designer Series Paper patterns from Stampin' Up!

(Please note: the DSP and stamp set in the photo below have retired and are no longer available)


*****

Don't forget our current 15% off SALE on select DSP packs until the end of October.


Well that's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the team's Just Jade projects.
Our lovely hostess Catherine, has a list of all tonight's participants on her blog.

Check them all out using this link:


Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.




Product List 

7 comments:

  1. Caroline I love this piece of DSP and colour combination too - your stunning Christmas card certainly showcases it. Thank you for taking part in the colour creations showcase tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely surprise, to have all that gorgeous detail pop out once the card is opened! Just Jade and Poppy Parade is a beautiful, vibrant, colour combination. Your card is gorgeous, Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever fold Caroline, and it does look sensational in the paper you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, what a perfect fancy fold card that could be used with any design/papers. Gorgeous for Christmas with this paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous Christmas card Caroline. A lovely surprise for the recipient when they open it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fancy fold card and I am sure anyone will when they receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Caroline. I love the Just Jade and Poppy Parade for a different Christmas combo and your fancy fold really does the gorgeous DSP and sentiment justice.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.