Wednesday 4 November 2020

AWH Team - Colour Creations Week 23 - Magenta Madness


Hello and welcome everyone.

It's Week 23 of the Colour Creations Showcase from the Art With Heart team.
Tonight we are shining the spotlight on Magenta Madness, one of our 2020-2022 In-Colours.


When I got married in 1986, my 'going-away' dress was the exact same colour as Magenta Madness and I loved it, and I loved playing with this vibrant, hot pink colour on my card for tonight's showcase.
I've paired it with another of the 2020-2022 In Colours - Just Jade.


My card is a mixed bag of products, but looking at it you wouldn't guess that was the case because everything coordinates so beautifully together.

My simply stamped tulip and leaves are from the Timeless Tulips stamp set and the tulip was cut out with the coordinating Tulip Builder PunchI found some tulips in a floral pattern from the Flowers for Every Season 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper pack, that went perfectly with the punched out tulip.


I fussy-cut a specific section of the DSP so I could see some individual tulips, and I used a die from the Ornate Layers Dies to do this. I backed it with a piece of Magenta Madness card stock and glued that onto another die-cut from the same die set in Whisper White card stock. I added this to the Subtle 3D partially embossed panel with dimensionals.


The punched out tulip was popped up on dimensionals and I coloured a length of the Crinkled Seam Binding ribbon with my light Magenta Madness Stampin' Blend marker and tied it into a bow, adding it to the Just Jade stamped stem with a glue dot.

The sentiment is from the Quite Curvy stamp set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and cropped with a coordinating die from the Curvy Dies set. I flagged the end with the Classic Label punch. The Quite Curvy Bundle is now available for customers to purchase as an early release product from the up coming Jan-June 2021 Mini Catalogue.


On the inside I've added a layer of Whisper White card stock over a piece of the DSP. I cropped the writing panel with a Stitched Rectangles die and stamped the smaller tulip in second generation Magenta Madness classic ink. I did some masking of the full flower so I could add the two partially stamped tulips on either side.


The narrow strip of Just Jade card stock was an after thought, so I did have to snip it into two pieces to fit behind the tulip, but it definitely looks great and helps to separate the top and bottom sections. I added three basic rhinestones for a touch of "sparkle and bling".

Well that's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the team's Magenta Madness projects.
Our lovely hostess Catherine, has a list of all tonight's participants on her blog.

Check them all out using this link:


Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.





Product List 

10 comments:

  1. Oh Caroline when I was married in 1990 my going away dress was Magenta Madness too - but now I don't think they even have going away dresses any more! Anyway, back to your beautiful card - I love how soft and feminine you've made this colour looks. Thank you for sharing your beautiful Magenta Madness cards with us tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pink tulip Caroline, great way to add the greeting too, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Sigh* ... this is so pretty, Caroline! Such a beautiful, creative, layout. I love that both the big tulip and the ornately-framed DSP panel are stars of your card. Lots of beautiful details to look at. You've showcased Magenta Madness beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Caroline. I so love the way you have framed the DSP and added the Magenta Madness tulip. Your card inner is delightful. All so gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and feminine, Caroline. The sentiment is so cute cut out with the curvy dies and the Ornate Frames are perfect for an extra touch of elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card Caroline, I love the panel of DSP on the front. I love the Ornate frames.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card Caroline and I love how you have continued the theme into the inside of the card

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the peek a boo tulip popping up in the corner of the inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I do love your style Caroline. Your white card bases always help to showcase the other elements. And the inside is so pretty too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When using an eye-popping in your face colour like Magenta Madness, I always thing the only way to treat it is with lots of white layers - and you have done exactly that. Your card is beautiful Caroline!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.