Monday 26 July 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 4




Hello and welcome to the Heart of Christmas from the Art with Heart Team.
I hope you've been enjoying our weekly Christmas blog hop and are finding the team's festive projects inspirational, I know I am.

Here's my card for Week 4.


 In my last Facebook LIVE tutorial, we made a Spinner Easel card. It was requested by one of my lovely followers. We used a daisy as the spinner element but tonight I'm sharing this Christmas version using my favourite festive stamp set and matching punch - Perfectly Plaid and the Pine Tree Punch.


Perfectly Plaid Stamp Set
and Pine Tree Punch.

© Stampin' Up!



The tree was heat embossed in white onto Magenta Madness card stock and punched out twice. I did the same with the sentiment which I fussy cut and I also used Magenta Madness for the tone on tone stars that are from the Tidings & Trimmings bundle.


This pattern of DSP from the Simply Elegant pack reminded me of those icicle lights that people decorate their homes with at Christmas time. You know the ones where the lights cascade down, well I've tried to emanate that by adding the rhinestones to represent the lights. I think it works!


There's plenty of room inside to write your personal message.


Inside the July-December Mini Catalogue, you'll find Silver Foil Specialty paper. I've used it for matting and the Layering Circle frame. This particular one has a brushed texture to it, similar to our retired Subtle 3D embossing folder - I think that's why I like it so much! I've also used some Smoky Slate card stock. The silver twine for the spinner function and bow is from the Simply Elegant Trim pack.

There'll be a list of the products I've used on my card below.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.
I'm excited to see the rest of the team's festive projects. You can see them too, by simply clicking on the 'next blog' button at the end of each blog post.

The very talented Theresa Gerrard is up next.



If a blog link doesn't work, Tina Gillespie is our host for this week's Heart of Christmas and she will have a list of all those participating tonight, on her blog.


Stay safe and well. See you all again soon. 🌼




Product List

10 comments:

  1. Very sweet card, Caroline. Yes, that's exactly what I thought of when I saw the paper you'd used - great effect! I love the little stars and rhinestones dotted over the front of the card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes those rhinestones on the DSP totally remind me of the icicle lights - such a cool and pretty card and colour combination, Caroline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel Woollard26 July 2021 at 20:32

    Very clever card Caroline, I love the pops of pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning as always Caroline. I love the pops of pink with the black and white DSP. An unexpected choice but a perfect one and yes it does look like Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this colour combo and the pink tree! Such a pretty card Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely this is the perfect DSP for this card. The rhinestone jewels are a great addition for your lights. I love the pop of pink for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card. I love how you've used the rhinestones with the DSP and pink Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I do like this spinner card the best. The addition of the pink to the black and white is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! This DSP is perfect for Christmas cards Di, and the rhinestones look great. I really like your colours here. A really bright, happy card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the simple colour choice, so the pink spinner tree is the focus.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.