Wednesday 21 July 2021

Colour Creations Week 8 - Cajun Craze



Hello and welcome to Week 8 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop from the Art with Heart Team.

Our spotlight colour this week is Cajun Craze from the Regals Collection of Stampin' Up! colours.


Stampin' Up! make it so easy to create our papercraft projects with an amazing choice of over 50 colours! Some colours are more of a challenge to create with and that's certainly the case for me with Cajun Craze. Even more of a challenge when all you have is a small piece of card stock to work with!

Here's my card.


My pack of Regals 12" x 12" card stock is sooo old! I'm sure it's more than five years old now, and when colours were deleted from the collection I just took them out of the pack. I guess that means that I don't use that colour family very often!
I certainly must have used Cajun Craze though as all I had left was a piece that measured 2 3/4" x 3 1/4"!
It was just enough to cut the bow and four small flowers from the Pierced Blooms die set. I obviously hadn't learnt my lesson from last year's Cajun Craze Colour Creations project. Click here to see it again.


This no sentiment card would be perfect for any occasion - birthday, thank you, thinking of you etc. A clean and simple design.
The copper heat embossed flower is from the Color & Contour stamp set, and cut with a Stitched Rectangle. I backed this with another stitched rectangle in Crumb Cake that I embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder. I've also used one of the dies from the coordinating Scalloped Contours Dies. This entire panel is attached to the card base with dimensionals.


At the centre of the bow is a gold gilded gem and the flower centres are gold metallic pearls. The copper embossing is easily seen in this photo - it looks so pretty with the coloured tones of card stock.



Inside the card I have a double mat of Basic White, and to that I added the fourth die cut flower and a left over narrow cut strip of embossed Crumb Cake. Instead of attaching a pearl centre to the flower I've decided I'll add a touch of sparkle from the Wink of Stella pen. Hope I don't forget!


If you would like to ask any questions about this card or anything relating to Stampin' Up! please don't hesitate to get in touch.
I'll have a full list of the products I've used on my card below.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.
I'm really looking forward to seeing more Cajun Craze projects from the team, and you can join me by clicking on the 'next blog' button below.

The very talented Rosa Leyden is up next.



If a blog link doesn't work you can view the list of tonight's participants from the blog of our host, Catherine Proctor.


Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.🌼




Product List

8 comments:

  1. I think the Cajun Craze elements of your card are all the more striking because they are delicate, and stand out against all that beautiful white space, Caroline. I LOVE that you dry-embossed the Crumb Cake frame insert; such a beautiful touch. This card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our favourite Crumb Cake to the rescue again, hey Caroline! You've made great use of your scrap of Cajun Craze - that bow and the little cluster of flowers really pop against the white. Don't forget to place an order for regals cardstock by next July, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an elegant card Caroline and you may have had only a small piece of Cajun Craze to work with but it sure adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely elegant card Caroline. I really like the look of the copper embossing with Cajun Craze.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The copper embossing is so pretty on your predominantly white card, but the touch of Cajun Craze is actually really lovely and creates a very elegant card. Lovely work, Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Elegant card Caroline, the copper embossing really works so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautifully elegant card Caroline and a great idea to not add a sentiment until you need it. I had to look twice to work out what colour the embossing was but it is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. The embossed image on this card is striking and I like the small pops of cajun craze.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.