Wednesday 4 August 2021

Colour Creations Week 10 - Cherry Cobbler



Hello and welcome to Week 10 of the Colour Creations blog hop from the Art with Heart Team.

Our featured colour tonight is Cherry Cobbler, a member of the Regals Collection of Stampin' Up! colours.


I really needed to make this weeks card, quick, sweet and simple. I kind of got there.....


I nailed sweet and simple, but not quite the quick I wanted!
I had already made a card featuring Cherry Cobbler, and simply put - I hated it! Yep, we've all been there. So, up into the craft room this morning to make one I really liked.


As I mentioned the sweet and simple part was easy, but then I started pondering over whether I emboss the Crumb Cake mat or not, whether I stamp the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler or not, whether I stamp the sentiment on Basic White or Crumb Cake, and so on! Finally things started falling into place, but it did take time.


Here's what I ended up doing.
On the Crumb Cake panel I scored three lines using my Simply Scored, I thought it added more interest than simply just embossing the whole piece. Next I stamped the stem and leaves from the In Bloom stamp set in Old Olive, stamping off for the leaves so they had a softer look. The veins were stamped full strength. I cut this piece out with a Scalloped Contour die. The single Cherry Cobbler bloom is from the Pierced Blooms die set - a favourite of mine. I used dimensionals to pop up each element.


I embossed the sentiment in white and it's from the Timeless Tulips stamp set. A gilded gem for the flower centre and a gold bow from the simply elegant trim pack was all the embellishment that was needed.


The inside treatment is a strip of Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake. The Crumb Cake piece being just slightly wider.


I flagged one end of the sentiment with my paper snips, and just to tie in with the stitched scalloped edge, I used a stitched portion of one of the Many Messages dies for the other end. I could have just used the same scalloped contour die and trimmed off the scallops, but I didn't think of that at the time.


There will be a list of the products I used on my card below.

But for now that's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.

Please continue to hop to the other blogs from the team to see their Cherry Cobbler projects. I'm excited to see what they have all made.

Hop to the next blog by clicking on the 'next blog' button below.

The very talented Kate Morgan is up next.



If you find a broken link, the list of all tonight's participants can be found on the blog of our lovely host, Catherine Proctor.


Stay safe and well. See you all again soon. 🌼



Product List

8 comments:

  1. Oh, the agonising that goes into making a clean, simple, card! This is really beautiful, Caroline. The scored lines pack a great punch on the card front. I love everything about your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the queen of clean, simple and stunning Caroline. Crumb Cake is the perfect neutral to use with the rich regal Cherry Cobbler. I love the scored lines too. What a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how clean and simple can often take much longer to create bur you definitely have nailed it here Caroline! The little touches like the 3 scored lines just really make this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sweet and simple card especially the scored lines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel Woollard4 August 2021 at 22:11

    Lovely simple card Caroline, well done on keeping it simple but amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous design you've created here with a single simple bloom. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caroline I think your design suits the simple sentiment. I too struggled with simple and hence like the scored lines you have done to add interest to the background. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Caroline, this sure is a cute and sweet card. It is a fairly easy design to be able to replicate now that you are happy with the design. I love your scored lines too!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.