Monday 9 August 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 6



Hello and welcome to Week 6 of the Heart of Christmas from the Art with Heart Team.

For my card this week, I once again decided to feature the stars from the Tidings & Trimmings Bundle in the Annual Catalogue.


I made my first attempt at the Stampin' Blends and Alcohol Technique. I'm fairly pleased with the results, but I will practice some more because it's a fun technique and you get a completely different pattern every time. The patterns remind me of tie dyed clothing from the 60's and 70's - very groovy man! Lol.
I chose Polished Pink and Fresh Freesia for the colours.


I randomly applied squiggles of colour from the Stampin' Blends marker to a piece of vellum and then added drops of isopropyl alcohol from firstly a brush, and then a dropper or pipette. I used the Diggers brand of 100% Isopropanol, available in Australia from Bunnings. The highest percentage of alcohol is important for this technique.


You can move the colour around by tilting the piece of vellum so the colours blend. I helped mine to dry by using the heat tool, this also helps move the ink around. You could just allow it to air dry. It depends on how quickly you want to start creating your project. If you want to add more colour just wait for the alcohol to dry, then apply more with your Stampin' Blend and repeat the process of adding the alcohol and drying. I think I added about four layers of colour before I was happy.


I used adhesive sheets to attach the vellum to a piece of Basic White card stock before I cut out the largest and two small stars. This gave a sturdy base to die cut from and also the white background shows up the colours beautifully. I also used the adhesive sheets to attach the white overlay star to the main one.

I embossed a piece of Fresh Freesia with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder before cutting out the medium sized star. I added the smallest of stars to the centre from a piece of the coloured vellum. Three silver foil stars decorate the Stitched So Sweetly sentiment die cut as well as a Fresh Freesia foliage sprig. The sentiment is heat embossed in white, and it has captured the light so beautifully in this photo.


Inside the card I added a layer of Basic White and two more star elements.


Other embellishments include clear rhinestones for the star and silver twine from the Simply Elegant trim pack. I've also embossed the Basic White matted panel with the Painted Texture 3D embossing folder and scored three lines on the card base. This was quite effective on a card that I made last week, so I chose to do it again this time as well.

There will be a list of the products I've used on my card below.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks for stopping by.
I can't wait to see the rest of the team's Christmas projects. You can see them too, by simply clicking on the 'next blog' button at the end of each blog post.

The very talented Ros Davidson is up next.


If you find a broken link, a list of all tonight's participants can be found on the blog of this weeks host Tina Gillespie.
 
Stay safe and well. See you all again soon. 🌼






Product List

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Caroline! I have never thought to use adhesive sheets to adhere vellum - what a great idea! I love the stars you created with the alcohol technique ... the tiny ones are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Caroline and I love the colours you have used on the alcohol blended stars. I really like the use of Fresh Freesia with Polished Pink on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful colour scheme for your stunning Christmas card Caroline. So very pretty and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I thought you used DSP but you created your own alcohol blending on the vellum. It is just gorgeous. I would never have thought to use the Adhesive sheet to attach it to white card, which really makes those colours pop even more and also a great tip before die cutting it, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty, Caroline and beautifully constructed. I love the alcohol ink star background; I must give this technique a go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty colour combination, Caroline - your alcohol star is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your alcohol blended start looks fabulous and I love your polished pink/fresh freesia colour combo Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree it's a fun technique and always creates a different design. Love how you have incorporated it in the star. Another lovely card

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.