Wednesday 2 February 2022

Colour Creations Week 34 - Pear Pizzazz


Hello and welcome everyone to Week 34 of the Colour Creations blog hop from the Art with Heart Team.

Our spotlight colour tonight is Pear Pizzazz, a member of the Subtles Collection of Stampin' Up! colours.


You know when you find a product and you love the results so much that you can't stop creating with it! Well, that's what has happened to me with the Butterflies & Flowers Layering Masks from the new Jan-June Mini Catalogue.
I just can't stop playing with them!
 

To create the card front I've used the lacy pattern and applied Pear Pizzazz ink with a blending brush, adding more ink in parts to create a dark to light ombre effect. The flowers were masked too and then fussy cut. I used two other subtle colours to team with Pear Pizzazz - Blushing Bride and Highland Heather. These combined colours create a really lovely soft look to the card.


I made a four layer circular frame using the Layering Circles dies, this gave me something to anchor the flowers to. Behind them I added some Pear Pizzazz foliage courtesy of the Flowers of Home dies. The white heat embossed sentiment on Highland Heather card stock is from the Flowing Flowers stamp set. It's cut with an Ornate Frames die.


I love how the brass butterflies have caught the light in this photo above. They have already become my favourite embellishment from the mini catalogue and they're adhesive backed making them easy to attach to your projects - bonus! The flower centres are gilded gems and the gold twine is from the Simply Elegant trim pack. Both of these products are in our Annual Catalogue.


I'm having so much fun creating with these masks. I hope you'll give them a try.
See below for a list of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create my card.

That's it from me tonight everyone, I'm so glad you stopped by.

It's time to hop to the next blog and see another Pear Pizzazz project.
Diane Furniss is our next creative and talented team member to share her creation with us.


As always our lovely host, Catherine Proctor, will have the complete list of all tonight's participants on her blog.

Stay safe and well. See you all again next week.



Product List

7 comments:

  1. The floral colours you've used complement Pear Pizzazz so beautifully, Caroline. The fussy-cut flowers look so pretty against the gorgeous Pear Pizzazz stencilled background. The Pear Pizzazz circle and foliage anchor the flowers perfectly. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Caroline, you've really used these masks so beautifully and your color combination is just so gorgeous. Love the Pear Pizzazz circle too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty Caroline and great of the patterned mask to create the ombré pattern. Beautiful colours with the touch of gold/brass and yes I’m loving those super cute little butterflies too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's so much I love about this card Caroline. The background mask and its ombre effect create a beautiful backdrop. The fussy cut flowers are lovely and using the layered circles for the anchor is a great idea. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully composed card, Caroline. I love how you created the wreath and attached those pretty masked flowers. The lacy fading background is so feminine, and those brass butterflies are a favourite of mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning creation Caroline. I adore your colour combination and the ombre background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caroline your stunning card showcases Pear Pizzazz perfectly. The subtle colour palette works beautifully with the decorative masks. I have loved all the cards you have created with the masks. They really do suit your signature style.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.