Wednesday 9 February 2022

Colour Creations Week 35 - Petal Pink




Hello and welcome to another week of the Colour Creations blog hop from the Art with Heart Team.

It's Week 35 and our spotlight colour is Petal Pink, a member of the Subtles Collection of Stampin' Up! colours.


I've teamed this fleshy pink with Crumb Cake and Basic White for my project tonight. It's a great colour combination that results in these lovely soft, muted tones with the crispness of white.


The Friendly Hello bundle is a Level 2 Sale-A-Bration item and you'll find it on page 12-13 of the Sale-A-Bration catalogue. The bundle consists of a stamp set and a 12" x 12" pack of gorgeous Designer Series Paper, and with a $180 Stampin' Up! product purchase you could choose this bundle for FREE!


The white heat embossed flowers were stamped onto Petal Pink and fussy cut. The new Faux Sea Glass shapes make great flower centres! I brushed some Petal Pink ink over a piece of Basic White card stock with a blending brush, and die cut foliage pieces from the Flowers of Home dies and placed the fussy cut flowers over the top. A loopy bow of linen thread was also stuck behind the flower element.


The Friendly Hello stamp set has lovely images and sentiments. The floral and foliage images can be stamped directly onto the patterns of the DSP, making this set so versatile. I chose a pattern that echoed the heat embossing on my card. I also heat embossed the sentiment. For some added texture I dry embossed the Crumb Cake strip behind the sentiment with the Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder from the Annual Catalogue. The small floral detail in it really compliments the larger flower images.


I feel like the brushed brass butterflies have become my signature embellishment - I can't stop using them! The scalloped lace trim adds a soft texture and pretty look. I stamped some tiny Crumb Cake splatters for another stamped element, and they come from the Friendly Hello stamp set too.

See below for a list of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create my card. They are all linked to my online store to make shopping easier.

That's it from me tonight everyone, I'm so glad you stopped by.

It's time to hop to the next blog and and see another Petal Pink project.
Theresa Gerrard, is our next creative and talented team member to share her creation with us.


As always our lovely host, Catherine Proctor, will have the list of all tonight's participants on her blog.

Stay safe and well, see you all again next week.





Product List

8 comments:

  1. I love the combination of Petal Pink with Crumb Cake and those tiny butterflies are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great shabby chic style card, Caroline! I love the white heat embossing on the crumb cake too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, simply stunning Caroline. Crumb Cake and Basic White are the perfect foil for Petal Pink. I admire all the layers and texture you were able to incorporate into you beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the white-embossed images, both on the Crumb Cake background, and the fussy-cut flowers, Caroline. Subtle application of Petal Pink ink to the foliage looks beautiful. I love everything about this card; simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. this literally took my breath away Caroline. Such a gorgeous colour combination and all the vintage touches and added texture are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Caroline. I love all the layers and detail in you card and who would have thought to use the Faux sea glass shapes for the flower centres! I really like the white embossed floral images peeking out from the background mat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous vintage style card, Caroline. Love the softness of the Petal Pink with Crumb Cake and that lace is a stunning addition, along with those brass butterflies. Love all of this, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful use of Petal Pink and I love the addition of Crumb Cake. Your card is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.