Wednesday 16 February 2022

Colour Creations Week 36 - Pool Party



Hello everyone and welcome to Week 36 of the Colour Creations blog hop from the Art with Heart Team.

This week's spotlight colour is Pool Party, a member of the Subtles Collection of Stampin' Up! colours.


I've had the 'Hello Ladybug' Bundle for a while now and thought that it was time I had a play with it. You'll find it in the Jan-June Mini Catalogue.

Hello Ladybug Bundle ©Stampin' Up!

Punch bundles are lots of fun and with just a little imagination the punched shapes can be made into entirely different shapes and objects. This is called Punch Art and it's quite a popular papercraft technique.


But for my card I've used the punch to create a very unique looking ladybug! I used a Butterflies & Flowers layering mask to add colour and pattern to the lower half of the ladybug body by brushing over Pool Party ink with a blending brush. I also brushed some colour onto the antenna. The gorgeous sparkly wings are punched out from the green/blue Supple Shimmer paper from the Jan-June Mini Catalogue.


 Using the blending brush I pounced Bermuda Bay and Granny Apple Green ink directly onto the leaf stamp from the Hello Ladybug stamp set. I stamped onto basic white card stock using the Stamparatus so I could apply more ink if I needed to. I then fussy cut the leaf, cutting close to the edge with my paper snips. I used a combination of Stampin' dimensionals and glue dots to add dimension to the leaf when I glued it in place and I did the same for the ladybug. I got the Wink of Stella brush out and added sparkle along the veins of the leaf. It looks so pretty in real life.


For the sentiment strip the main 'hello' was heat embossed with white embossing powder and then I stamped with full strength and second gen Pool Party ink more randomly. The sentiment and images were attached to the basic white matted layer that was dry embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder. I've embellished with a silver twine bow and holiday rhinestones in Shaded Spruce and Coastal Cabana.
On the inside of the card I added a square of basic white card stock and a narrow strip of Abstract Beauty DSP that compliments the colours I've used perfectly.

See below for a list of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create my card. They are all linked to my online store for easier shopping.

That's it from me tonight everyone, I'm so glad you stopped by.


It's time to hop to the next blog and see another Pool Party project.
Theresa Gerrard, is our next creative and talented team member to share her creation with us.


As always our lovely host, Catherine Proctor, will have the list of all tonight's participants on her blog.

Stay safe and well, see you all again next week.





Product List

6 comments:

  1. Caroline your variegated leaf technique is so effective - the leaf looks amazing and your patterned butterfly is so cut too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful sparkly ladybug Caroline and lovely coloured leaf for her to land on. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely, subtle, colours to use with a ladybug and leaf, Caroline; this is a gorgeous creation! The pattern added to the ladybug's body is a great touch, as are the glittery wings. I love your creative way of adding a sentiment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your lovely subtle ladybug card, and the sparkly wings are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Caroline that leaf is just gorgeous and the ladybug super cute. So lovely to see an alternate colour used for the lady bug as well. Just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the effects you achieved on the leaf and they way you stamped your sentiment looks fantastic, Caroline! I love this bundle too, punch art is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.