Monday 5 September 2022

Heart of Christmas - Week 10


Hello and welcome everyone to Week 10 of the Heart of Christmas blog hop from members of the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! Team.

I had much more time this week to create a fun-fold card that I had only made once before a really long time ago. It's called a Pull Tab card and the magic is still there for me.


I reached for my pack of Lights Aglow Specialty DSP once more. This time I chose the Soft Succulent snowflake and star pattern that coordinates beautifully with the gold foil stars on the three inch topper square. I love the look of the bokeh dotted background in the main pattern. They could be twinkling fairy lights or softly falling snow.


I love to mix & match stamp sets. The two sentiments I chose are from Trimming the Tree in our Annual Catalogue and Brightest Glow from the Mini Catalogue. They compliment each other perfectly even though they are from two different stamp sets. They are stamped in Evening Evergreen which is the colour of the card base and pull-tab.

I have used a scalloped circle die to create the pull-tab end as I didn't have a punch that was suitable for the task. It was easy to do and matches the scalloped gold foil circle that sits behind the front sentiment.


I used two lengths of gold twine from the Simply Elegant trim pack to tie the knot and bow.


Inside the card is a layered writing panel and it’s trimmed with strips of the snowflake DSP. After the photo was taken I added three gold foil die cut stars to the bottom of the DSP strip to match the two on the hidden sentiment square.



So much sparkle and gold! The addition of three gold festive pearls was just the right amount of embellishment I thought.

You'll find thumbnail images below of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create my card. Each one is linked to my online store.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks so much for stopping by on your way through our hop.

Kathryn Ruddick, is the next creative and talented team member to share her Heart of Christmas project with us.


If you are having difficulties moving onto any of the blogs in tonight's hop, you can find the entire list of participants and their blog links with our lovely host, Sharon Davern.



Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.



Product List

9 comments:

  1. I love all the sparkle and the gold on your Pull Tab card, Caroline. The magic is there for me too and I'm sure it will also be magical for the lucky recipient too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline your fancy fold is certainly magical made more beautiful by the gold touches and Lights Aglow DSP. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely card, Caroline. That paper is a firm favourite of mine, and you've used it so beautifully. I really love the gold scalloped circle behind the sentiment, and that you used a scalloped circle for the pull tab - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An elegant and beautiful pull tab card Caroline. You have shown the Lights Aglow SDSP to perfection and the elements work so well for the pull tab with the extra message underneath. I you have inspired me to give this fun fold a try. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nifty card Caroline, and I really like those colours with the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really beautiful card Caroline, and a fancy fold I have not tried. It works superbly with that beautiful DSP. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your sparkle and gold accents on this very clever card. The Lights Aglow paper is just the best paper ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a lovely and oh so clever card design Caroline. I have just purchased this paper and you have inspired me to get it out and get crafting with it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful card! The hidden sentiment will be a fabulous surprise for the recipient of your gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.