Monday 12 September 2022

Heart of Christmas - Week 11


Hello everyone and welcome to Week 11 of the Heart of Christmas blog hop from members of the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! Team.

I've been having so much fun these past couple of weeks with fun-fold cards, and tonight's card is no exception either.


I absolutely love this poinsettia! It's from a pattern in the Boughs of Holly DSP pack which is available from the July-December Mini Catalogue. It is in fact my absolute favourite design from the pack. Beautiful poinsettias on a white background and I just had to fussy cut one of them and make it the main feature on my card. It was really easy to cut out using our paper snips. They are the perfect size to hold in your hand and ideal for snipping and trimming close to the image you are cutting out.

Time to tell you about the fun aspect of this card.


This Step Pop-Up card is so simple to make and it's a lovely unexpected surprise for the recipient when they open it.


I based the size of the pop-up on the rectangle sentiment that I cut from one of the smaller cards in the Santa Express Memories & More card pack. I matted it onto a gold foil Deckled Rectangle and added a piece of the all over poinsettia pattern on top of the pop-up.  Another deckled rectangle was cut for the writing panel and a half fussy cut poinsettia was glued in the bottom corner.


Here's a close up look at the pop-up mechanism. Score 1/2" for each end tab and in half at whatever length you cut it to. I'd suggest that you play around and experiment with different measurements to find what size will suit your card. My card is 5 1/2" square, but the pop-up can be made to suit any sized card.


This close up pic shows the sentiment at its best.


I didn't put a sentiment on the front of the card because I didn't feel it needed one. Using the Timeworn Type 3D embossing folder I have given the gold foil square behind the poinsettia some lovely texture.

A loopy gold twine bow and gold festive pearls for the poinsettia centre were the perfect embellishments to complete the elegant look of this card.



You'll find thumbnail images below of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create my card. Each one is linked to my online store.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks so much for stopping by on your way through our hop.

Tina Gillespie, is the next creative and talented team member to share her Heart of Christmas project with us.



If you are having difficulties moving onto any of the blogs in tonight's hop, you can find the entire list of participants and their blog links with our lovely host, Sharon Davern.


Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.




Product List

7 comments:

  1. How beautiful! I love the loopy, gold cord behind the lovely poinsettia, and the surprise pop up on the inside is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely surprise on opening your card Caroline! I love the gold embossed square mat it looks fabulous behind the poinsettia flower and gold trim. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Caroline, your card is absolutely stunning. You had me in awe with the card front but then there was more - the gorgeous pop-up inside. I love you gold mounts with this delightful DSP and the square of embossed gold foil is delightful. Lovely fussy cutting as well. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Caroline, so elegant. I especially love the Timeworn Type embossing on the gold and the cute pop up message inside. Very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so classic and elegant, Caroline! How good does that foil look when it is embossed! Such a clever idea to use the M&M card for the delightful pop-up suprise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very stylish Christmas card, Caroline. I love the embossed gold panel and trim behind the pretty poinsettias. The busy background paper works so well in this design and the pop up always adds a wonderful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So elegant ... SO beautiful!! This is a beautifully put-together card, Caroline. I love the look of the Timeworn Type embossing on the brushed gold square on the card front, and love how the pop-up element inside the card looks like a present. Gorgeous all round!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.