Monday 19 September 2022

Heart of Christmas - Week 12


Hello and welcome everyone to Week 12 of the Heart of Christmas blog hop from members of the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! Team.

Yes, it's Week 12! I just cannot believe how quickly these weeks are now flying by. I have a lovely friend who is super organised with her Christmas present shopping long before any of us would even start thinking about it! I'm not that organised with my shopping, but I can say that I am with having my Christmas card stash stacking up before my eyes as I participate in our team blog hop each week.

Here's tonight's card to add to the top of the pile.


It's another Fun-Fold!  This one I found on YouTube and it's called a Pop-Out Z Fold card. Sam Calcott of Mixed Up Craft was making this in a video so I thought I'd give it a go. I changed the measurements to fit our C6 size envelopes.



It folds flat for posting but it opens to reveal the central square sitting back and the card front popping out when it's on display. I'd probably call it more an A frame than a Z Fold. You get a much better idea of the design from the photo below.


I used this gorgeous Evening Evergreen and gold tree pattern from the Lights Aglow Specialty Designer Series Paper. I'm really loving the patterns and colours in this 6" x 6" pack from the mini catalogue.


Stampin' Up! have added six new die sets that coordinate with stamp sets that are available in both our current Annual and Mini Catalogues. This exclusive sale ends on the 30th September and while supplies last. You can purchase as a bundle or separately if you already have the stamp sets.

I recently ordered the Tree Trimmings Dies that coordinate with the Trimming the Tree stamp set. I didn't use the stamp set on this card but I did use the smallest tree and pot from the die set. I absolutely love the detail you get from this tree die!


The writing panel is on the back of the card. I added a very narrow strip of gold foil to tie in with all the gold elegance on the front.


Lastly, I cut a length of the gold & vanilla satin ribbon that I wrapped around the bottom edge of the card and tied a separate double bow. The sentiment is from the Peaceful Deer stamp set and it's stamped in Evening Evergreen onto Basic White.

You'll find thumbnail images below of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create my card. Each one is linked to my online store.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks so much for stopping by on your way through our hop.

Kathryn Ruddick, is the next creative and talented team member to share her Heart of Christmas project with us.


If you are having difficulties moving onto any of the blogs in tonight's hop, you can find the entire list of participants and their blog links with our lovely guest host for this week, Tina Gillespie.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.
 



Product List

8 comments:

  1. This paper is really beautiful, and I just love how you've used it Caroline. The tree cut from Evening Evergreen card looks so good against the same toned paper; perfection! A gorgeous card, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how beautiful! Such an unusual Fancy Fold, but it works so well to frame the gorgeous Christmas tree on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline, your Pop-Out Z Fold card is simply superb! I've never seen this fancy fold before and it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A delightful card Caroline. I haven’t seen this fancy fold before but I love it. The recessed focal panel is lovely. Your use of the Lights Aglow SDSP is gorgeous as is the Christmas tree from the Trimming the Tree bundle. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree with you on the name of this fancy fold, Caroline, it looks more of an A frame. These papers are so elegant with the rich colours and gold foil accents. You tree is gorgeous and the ribbon ties in beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous fancy fold that frames the tree against that beautiful DSP. A beautiful card with the touches of gold Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an elegant card Caroline and I really love the paper you have used to tie in with the gorgeous Evening Evergreen tree. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Caroline! I love that DSP and you have made a perfect card with the addition of the beautiful textured tree, in the same colours. Your limited colour palette is a real winner for this card design.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.