Monday 26 September 2022

Heart of Christmas - Week 13


Hello and welcome everyone to Week 13 of the Heart of Christmas blog hop from members of the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! Team.

This week I've stepped away from the fun-folds for a bit and gone for something simple.


I'm absolutely loving these Deckled Rectangles Dies! I love the old fashioned look to the edges that remind me so much of greeting cards and postcards from days gone by. I used three of the dies counting down from the largest and cut out in Basic White, gold foil and DSP.


 In the photo above you can see all the dimension of the layers.


I couldn't find a single line sentiment that I was happy with, so I went searching and found what I wanted in the Brightest Glow stamp set. All I had to do was cover the words I didn't want with washi tape, ink it up with Versamark and then heat emboss in white onto Real Red card stock before cutting out with a Stitched Rectangle Die.


Just remember to remove the tape before stamping onto your card stock.


I added this fussy cut poinsettia with dimensionals and it sits above a vellum circle cut with one of the Stylish Shapes Dies. The centre of the flowers show off gorgeous green rhinestones. They are actually the gold festive pearls that I coloured with my dark Shaded Spruce stampin' blend marker.


For the inside I cut another deckled rectangle and flower.


You'll find thumbnail images below of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create my card. Each one is linked to my online store.

That's it from me tonight everyone, thanks so much for stopping by on your way through our hop.

Michele Tayloris the next creative and talented team member to share her Heart of Christmas project with us.


If you are having difficulties moving onto any of the blogs in tonight's hop, you can find the entire list of participants and their blog links with our lovely host, Sharon Davern.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.




Product List

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful use of the Deckled Rectangles Dies, and that gorgeous paper, Caroline. The custom-coloured pearls look so pretty. Lovely work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful Christmas card Christine. I love your background layering using the Deckled Rectangles dies and the gorgeous addition of the trim and coloured pearls. Also love the way you stamped your sentiment from a longer sentiment. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, the previous anonymous comment is from me. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Caroline! Your cards are always so elegant. I love the use of the deckled rectangle die and the vellum circle under your fussy cut poinsettia. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may say simple but I say simply stunning! I love the layering, especially the final spray of poinsettia over the vellum. Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, these Deckled Rectangles Dies are gorgeous, Caroline, and your design really showcases them beautifully. What a wonderful idea to colour the gold festive pearls with the dark Shaded Spruce Stampin' Blend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Caroline, I wouldn't say this is something simple. All those deckled edge layers and then the fussy cutting would have taken ages to cut out, but so they are so beautiful on your vellum circle. Great idea to only ink up part of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caroline I agree with the others, this card is just beautiful and far from simple! I too love those Deckled Rectangles dies and they are perfect for your card. Your fussy cutting is fabulous of the Poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is simply stunning Caroline. Gorgeous layering of the Deckled Rectangles and I love how you have adhered the fussy cut poinsettia to the DSP panel. And that sentiment and font is stunning too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Caroline there is nothing simple about your gorgeous card......just look at all that perfect fussy cutting. The layered deckle edge rectangles and the custom greeting add to lovely overall design.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.