Monday 3 October 2022

Heart of Christmas - Week 14



Hello and welcome everyone to Week 14 of the Heart of Christmas blog hop from members of the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! Team.

For my weekly Facebook LIVE last Wednesday I wanted to show my followers how easy it was to mass produce cards using a template. This is especially handy at this time of the year.
I looked up Alicia from Call Me Crafty Al on YouTube, where each month she creates and shares a new card sketch with a supply list and template cutting guide. She calls it a SheetLoad of Cards. I've been inspired by our team member Tina Gillespie, to give this a try for myself.

Here is my version of Alicia's February 2022 card sketch.


I absolutely love the blues and bluey greens in the Storybook Gnomes Designer Series Paper pack that we have in our July-December Mini Catalogue from Stampin' Up! There are pops of Pale Papaya and Poppy Parade in the patterns too, but I chose to focus on the blues and greens. And I simply couldn't resist using the super cute gnomes!


My card bases are 4 1/8" x 5 3/4" but I used the measurements given by Alicia for the card stock and DSP strips. Then I interpreted the remaining sketch elements my way. I also stepped it up a bit by adding an embossed panel the same size as the card front.


Out of three 6" x 6" pieces of DSP you'll make 6 cards. That means if you use a 12" x 12" piece of patterned paper you'll get 12 cards! Such a great way of making multiple cards, especially if you have lots of family and friends to send them to. They would also make a lovely gift set idea too simply by including envelopes and making a box to put them in.


Here is another set I made using the, sadly now retired, Tree Trimmings Dies. This time I used the gorgeous Lights Aglow Specialty DSP also from the mini catalogue.


I'll have a list of the products I used on my card below. Each thumbnail is linked to my online store where you'll find more information on each item.
If you have any questions about my project, please feel free to get in touch.

Well, that's it from me tonight everyone - thanks so much for stopping by on your way through our hop.

Our lovely host Sharon Davern, is the next creative and talented team member to share her Heart of Christmas project with us all.


If you are having difficulties with linking to the next blog in the hop, just click on the image or Sharon's name above. This is where you'll find the list of tonight's participants and their blog links.


Stay safe and well everyone. See you all again soon.




Product List

8 comments:

  1. LOL, I was thinking 'I know that design' when I saw your first photo, and before I'd started reading your text. It's one of my favourite Sheetload templates, and you've done a wonderful job with it. Both sets of cards are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful cards, Caroline. The blue and bluish hues on your first set of cards are so beautiful. The silver foil tags work perfectly to "ground" the gnomes, and I really like the addition of the embossed panels that cover the card fronts. You've been super-productive, getting a second set of cards made. The Lights Aglow cards look gorgeous; my favourite Christmas paper this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both sets are so gorgeous Caroline!! I love all the blues on the cute gnome cards, And I adore the more formal red cards.I often use Sheet Load of Cards too - so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snap on the DSP my friend! Love your interpretation of the sheetload of cards layouts. You've been super busy - love the red cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two amazing sets of cards Caroline. I love your interpretation of the Sheetload of cards. I have started following Alicia too and checking out her sheetload designs. Both of your sets are delightful, each in their own way. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Tina, she sure does influence the rest of us! I love all the detail in both sets of cards and the blues are gorgeous and I love the embossing behind. The red ones are gorgeous too with the Christmas tree. Lovely lot of cards! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe, there goes more influencing from the team!! Caroline, these are beautiful. I love the Gnomes but then you have the Lights Aglow in rich reds and white trees and they blow me away. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caroline your versions of the sketch are stunning. I love your selection of papers and the use of the embossing folder to add texture to the background.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.