Monday 28 November 2022

Heart of Christmas - Week 22




Hello and welcome everyone to the last Heart of Christmas blog hop from members of the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! Team for 2022.

I really hope that you have enjoyed tuning in each week to see all of the festive creations from the team and that you have gained some inspiration from what you've seen. I know that I certainly have.

And speaking of inspiration, my cards tonight were inspired by a recent YouTube video from Tina Wardell, a demonstrator in the US.  Tina created a Faux Glass Ornament
card with an easily made stencil, some ink and blending brushes and the result was stunning! 

Here is my version.


 I decided to make a square card base - my favourite shape.
The card base measures 4 3/4" square, the embossed layer is 4 1/2" square and the focal layer measures 3 7/8" square.

A piece of card stock the same size as the ornament layer was cut with the largest of the Layering Circles dies to create the stencil for the ornament.


I attached the stencil to the top layer and using a Blending Brush and Balmy Blue ink started to add colour. Blending heavier to the bottom of the ornament and deliberately leaving more white space centre right to help define a reflection of light. This also helps to create and enhance a sphere shape.


The sentiment and snowflake images were heat embossed in silver and I used the Brightest Glow and Peaceful Deer stamp sets for these. The tiny splatters come courtesy of the Wink of Stella brush tip pen. In real life there is so much sparkle and shimmer.

The Whimsical Woodland 3D embossing folder was used for the embossed square.


I added a layer of Balmy Blue and Basic White card stock to the inside, with a touch more blending and stamping as well.


I added silver twine for the ornament hanger and three iridescent rhinestones. I also decorated the envelope to match.


I created the same card in Polished Pink.
I'm so pleased with the finished cards that I'm going to try making a few more in different colours.

You will find thumbnail images below of the Stampin' Up! products I used to make my cards. Each one is linked to my online store where you'll find more information.

Well that's it from me tonight everyone, thanks so much for joining us each week for this festive blog hop.

Kate Morgan is the next talented and creative member of the team to share her Heart of Christmas project with us all.


If you experience any difficulties with linking to the next blog in the hop, our lovely host Sharon Davern will have a list of all the team members who participated tonight.

Thank you Sharon for being such a wonderful host of our Heart of Christmas blog hop for 2022 xx.

Stay safe and well. Have a lovely Christmas and New Year.
See you all again real soon.




  
Product List

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful masking Caroline, the silver highlights are perfect. The pink one is a definite favourite

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous design, Caroline! I think I'm going to have to try this design in other colours too. Your blending and masking is simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning! I like how you used blending on the inside of the card also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so beautiful, Caroline! The inked baubles look amazing, and your classic white-on-white layered backgrounds are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Caroline, these are just gorgeous. Your blending is perfect and I can imagine the sparkle from the Wink of Stella would be magnificent. You sure know how to create 'white' cards!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.