Wednesday 1 February 2023

Colour Creations - Week 38



Hello everyone and welcome to Week 38 of the Colour Creations blog hop from the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! Team.

I am back, joining my wonderful team again as we share our projects showcasing the beautiful kaleidoscope of Stampin' Up! colours alphabetically.

This week it's Polished Pink from the 2021-2023 In Colour Collection. Sadly, that means we will be saying goodbye to this pretty candy pink in May with the announcement of a new In Colour Collection, along with the release of our new Annual Catalogue for 2023-2024.


In the meantime, let's give Polished Pink a fond farewell. Sit back and enjoy the teams creative projects featuring this very pretty colour.

Here's mine.


I stepped away from my comfort zone and instead of using a Basic White card base I decided to go tone on tone and create a monochromatic design.

For this card I combined two bundles. Dainty Delight from the Jan-April Mini Catalogue, and Sending Smiles from the Annual Catalogue.


I took a Blending Brush and Polished Pink ink and brushed liberally around the edges of the matting layer to give it some real depth of colour. Random stamping of the smallest flower image gave it another touch of depth and detail. I left enough space uncoloured in the centre so the die cut elements really popped.

The daisy die cuts were treated to a bit of colour blending with the Polished Pink Stampin' Blends, and the detailed 'Sending' die cut word was given an ombre effect with the blending brush. I just love the dark and light colouring I was able to achieve with this technique.


I absolutely love the combination of Polished Pink and Crumb Cake, and the addition of the Burlap Ribbon with stitched white detail was an obvious choice for me.
(This ribbon comes in a combo pack with a 1/4" Real Red ribbon from the Mini Catalogue).

I cut the edge off a length of the burlap ribbon and pulled individual strands out to tie into a delicate, wispy bow. I couldn't resist embellishing with a few of the Enamel Dot Essentials, which include the colours of White, Crumb Cake and Night of Navy.
Oh, I almost forgot. You might have noticed some subtle white splatters - they came courtesy of a Water Painter and our White pigment ink.


I thoroughly enjoyed making this card and I'm so glad to be back creating for the Colour Creations blog hop with the girls from the Art with Heart Team.
 

All the products I used to create this card are current Stampin' Up! products and you'll find a list of them below.

Thank you so much for stopping by, but it's now time for me to say goodbye and send you on to our next lovely blogger and team member, Rosa Leyden.


The host of our blog hop is the lovely Catherine Proctor, so if you happen to have any problems with linking to the next blog you will find the list of all tonight's participants over on her blog.




Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.




Product List

7 comments:

  1. Really beautiful, feminine card Caroline, love the darker sponged edges and the white highlights with the dots

    ReplyDelete
  2. So feminine and pretty - this card makes my crumb cake heart sing! I love all the blending and layers and oh my, that delicate, wispy bow is genius! Welcome back Caroline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a second I thought that your card had fireworks on the front, which would have been pretty, but the flowers are even better! The White and Crumb Cake against the Polished Pink looks marvellous. The bow is gorgoeus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Caroline I just love how all the elements work together and especially the Crumb Cake elements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's so much to love about this card, Caroline ... and my favourite things are all those you've pointed out in your description of your process. The dark and light colour-blending on the "sending" die cut looks fab, against the Crumb Cake mat layer, and I love (and had completely overlooked!) that ribbon. Everything about your card is just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card Caroline and like Tina said on first impressions I also thought it was fireworks! I absolutely love the effect and depth that you have created by using the blending brushes on both the card base but also the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that wispy bow is adorable and so perfectly executed. The blending around the edges is gorgeous, highlighting the die cut centrepiece beautifully. Another super pretty card from you, Caroline.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.