Wednesday 15 February 2023

Colour Creations - Week 40


Hello everyone.
Welcome to Week 40 of the Colour Creations blog hop from the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! Team.

This weeks colour is Poppy Parade. It's a member of the Brights Collection.


I found creating for this weeks colour a real challenge.
I made the first card and it ended up in the bin! I needed some inspiration which I was struggling to find.
At last the idea came to me while I was enjoying a morning cuppa.

Here's my card,


and here's what finally inspired me.


The colour was right there staring at me every morning.

I grabbed the Annual Catalogue first to start looking for leaf dies and decided on this wreath style die from the Eden die set. Then I pulled out the Dainty Delight dies from the Mini Catalogue and of course it was an obvious choice of the Adorable Owls from Sale-a-bration.

These little owls are just the cutest and so much fun to colour in.


 
After stamping, colouring and fussy cutting out the first owl, I stamped just the bow tie portion of a second one which I also fussy cut and coloured in with the Poppy Parade light and dark Stampin' Blends and popped it up with mini dimensionals.


The Stampin' Blends I used to colour the owl were: Poppy Parade L&D, Balmy Blue L&D, light Night of Navy, light Pool Party, light Pale Papaya, light Daffodil Delight, and Bronze.

The wreath was coloured with Granny Apple Green ink and a blending brush, and I added some water splatters from a water painter. To help ground the wreath I brushed on some Pool Party ink for it to sit on.

The sentiment from the Something Fancy stamp set was heat embossed in white onto Poppy Parade card stock, trimmed down and the ends cut on an angle. Finishing touches were a scattering of white enamel dots and a linen thread bow.


A simple Basic White layer was added to the inside and a few elements to echo the front of the card.

What started with the first card being thrown in the bin, ended with a card that I can't wait to give my friend for her birthday in May. She loves the colour red and I hope she'll love her card too.

I used current Stampin' Up! products to make my card and you will find thumbnail images linked to my online store below.

Now it's time to say goodbye and thank you for stopping by on your way through our blog hop.
You'll be visiting the lovely, Theresa Gerrard next.


If you do have issues linking to any of the blogs there is a complete list of all tonight's participants on the blog of our lovely host, Catherine Proctor.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.



 
Product List

8 comments:

  1. Your card is so sweet - and I love that you've used the mug for inspiration. The red flowers and bow tie are a lovely pop of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mug is so cute, as is your card, Caroline. What a fabulous CASE of your mug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really fun card Caroline. That owl is just so cute isn’t it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute inspiration for your delightful card Caroline. I love the pop of Poppy Parade in the tie and flowers. Such a cute owl - love your colouring. Your blending over the leaf wreath and the Pool Party background are gorgeous elements. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caroline you have manged to CASE your mug perfectly! Your colouring is so lovely and the owl super cute. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little owl is adorable and beautifully coloured, Caroline. I love your wreath and using your cup for inspiration, was ideal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you were inspired by your mug to create a gorgeous card and perfectly matched, especially the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friend will LOVE this card, I'm sure, Caroline. LOVE how you blended colour onto your wreath, then splattered with water; such a gorgeous effect. I have that same cute owl mug, so was rather chuffed to see it as your inspiration for this delightful card.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.