Wednesday 22 February 2023

Colour Creations - Week 41


Hello everyone.

Welcome to Week 41 of the Colour Creations blog hop from the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! Team.

This week our colour is Pumpkin Pie from the Regals Collection.


Have you ever had a Fanta Spider?

You may be more familiar with the name, Ice Cream Soda or Float. But when I was growing up we knew them as ice cream spiders! Mostly we had lemonade, although passiona and red creaming soda were favourites too. A fizzy drink poured over scoops of ice cream in a tall glass, add a straw and a spoon and you were set. They were a refreshing treat on hot, summer days.

 Now as a grown up a fanta spider is a rarity, but hubby and I have indulged on the odd occasion and it literally brings back those sweet memories from my childhood.

I thought Pumpkin Pie was the perfect colour to represent my stamped version of a Fanta Spider.


I recently purchased the Share A Milkshake Bundle from the Jan-April Mini Catalogue and I was so excited to use it for the first time on my card for tonight's blog hop.

Not just milkshakes, and in my case spiders, but ice cream sundaes and even waffle cones can be created with this fun stamp and die bundle.


I love the bright colours and the fun patterns in the Dandy Designs 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper from the Sale-a-bration Catalogue. It's yours FREE with a qualifying $180 spend on Stampin' Up! products. Sale-a-bration ends on the 28th February.

Who would of thought that Fresh Freesia and Mango Melody could compliment Pumpkin Pie so well! I certainly didn't, and I would never have thought to put them together on a project, but they seem to coordinate beautifully. At least I think so.

What do you think?


I wanted some texture on the top half of my Basic White layer and the splatter embossing folder from the Stripes & Splatters 3D duo pack did the trick. It was an obvious choice for me really because when the fizzy drink and ice cream collide, it reacts just like a crazy science experiment!

I love my scalloped rectangles, and I adhered this one on an angle. It's from the Scalloped Contours Die set. They are so versatile and can give you a classic, elegant look, dainty and sweet, or fun and whimsical, depending on your design.
I cut the Pumpkin Pie scalloped edge piece from the Penned Flowers Dies.


Something I only saw recently was the use of packing tape to create a shiny look to your stamped and die cut images, so I thought I'd give it a try. My glass was stamped in Pumpkin Pie onto Basic White card stock and before cutting it out with the coordinating die, I stuck a piece of wide packing tape over the top and ran it through my die cutting machine. It worked a treat!


I stamped and die cut three flowers from the Cup of Tea Bundle using the coordinating colours in the DSP, with the addition of Pumpkin Pie. I fussy cut the gold embossed birthday greeting with my paper snips and this can be found in the Go-To Greetings stamp set from the Annual Catalogue on page 26.

Since our Linen Thread now comes wound onto a little cardboard cylinder, it has a lovely natural curl as a result. I absolutely love the curly ends on the bow. I used the Champagne rhinestones for the flower centres and a few scattered randomly - they add just the right amount of sparkle.

I used current Stampin' Up! products to create my card and you will find the thumbnail images linked to my online store below.

It's time to say goodbye and thank you for stopping by on your way through our blog hop.

You'll be visiting the lovely, Theresa Gerrard next.


If you do have issues linking to any of the blogs there is a complete list of all tonight's participants on the blog of our lovely host, Catherine Proctor.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.


Product List

6 comments:

  1. Oh, now that certainly does bring back memories! Ice Cream Spiders were a treat in our house. Your stamped spider looks incredible, and I love the look of the packing tape - so much easier than heat embossing, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful card Caroline, I love the packing tape and the colour scheme you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, now I am craving a Fanta spider! Love the idea of using packing tape to create a shiny look - so clever, Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I loved Lemonade spiders as a special treat & my sister had a cola one - what great memories!
    Your card is fabulous with that pretty DSP and the I love the splatters TIEF. Love the spoon with the straws and those cute little flowers with the thread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I did used to love ice cream spiders but lime ones or blue heaven. Wow that packing tape really is effective and perfect for your spider glass and the spoon in the gold foil is perfect! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card, with lots of fun details, Caroline! I especially love your choices of embossing folder and papers, and those sweet little flowers.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.