Wednesday 1 March 2023

Colour Creations - Week 42



Hi everyone!
It's Week 42 of the Colour Creations blog hop from the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! Team.

Our colour this week is Real Red from the Regals Collection.


What comes to mind when you think of the colour red?
I think of red roses, red balloons, red hearts, and red strawberries. Well, tonight I've made my card all about red cherries.


The town of Young in NSW is known as the Cherry Capital of Australia, and it's only about a 40 minute drive from where I live. When I was a teenager, a friend and I decided it would be fun to try our hand at cherry picking to earn a few dollars. At the end of the day I had eaten more than I had put in my bucket and I didn't get asked to go again - lol.

These days, I'd prefer to make a card featuring cherries instead of the hot work involved in picking the real ones!


The cherry image comes from the Share A Milkshake stamp set. It's a photopolymer set that you'll find on page 12 of the Mini Catalogue. The cherry can be cut with it's coordinating die from the same name die set. Bundle them together and save 10%!

I didn't use the die to cut mine out, instead I stamped them straight onto one of the scalloped rectangles cut from the Scalloped Contours Dies.
I hand coloured each of the cherries with Stampin' Write markers in Real Red, Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green. I really loved the chalky coloured look to them rather than the solid red I was getting from the stamp pad.


On the top and bottom third of the card base I did use the Real Red stamp pad to stamp the cherry. The tone on tone solid colour looks better in this instance.

The Crumb Cake hearts, also from the same stamp set, were randomly stamped in amongst the cherries on the white layer.


The Go To Greetings stamp set is my "go to" stamp set when I need a pretty font. In this set there are three different sizes for each of the sentiments included - except for the 'hello' stamp.

I heat embossed in white onto Real Red card stock and trimmed to the size I wanted to go over the stitched banner shape in Crumb Cake. I absolutely love the gorgeous burlap ribbon and just had to add a bow made from it. The perfectly matching gems are from the Enamel Dot Essentials pack that contain not only White and Crumb Cake, but also Night of Navy.


I have used current Stampin' Up! products to make my card and you will find thumbnail images linked to my online store below.

It's time for me to say goodbye and thank you for stopping by on your way through our blog hop.

You'll be visiting our lovely host, Catherine Proctor next.


Catherine will have the list of all tonight's participants over on her blog if you are having issues with moving onto any of the blogs.




Product List

9 comments:

  1. Rachel Woollard1 March 2023 at 20:40

    Gorgeous card Caroline, I love those tiny cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, totally adorable! The cherry background is fantastic, and makes me think of poodle skirts and rock'n'roll, LOL! And OMG, that bow!!!! Sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've just created the prettiest DSP, Caroline! Thank you for sharing your story of the cherry picking, it did give me a little giggle. Now I'm off to eat a juicy cherry after seeing your adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Caroline I really love this card and how you have used the cherries from this stamp set, and wow to colour all of those cherries as well! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m floored by your realistic coloring of those cherries Caroline - and with marker! Looks great. Fiona Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card! I love that stamped white layer, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, this is so adorable. Here I was thinking what on earth is this stamp set, I need it. Then as I read on, I do have it!!! I cannot believe how brilliant this is and that bow is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel Palmieri5 March 2023 at 03:17

    Great job with the stamped cherries, they look good enough to eat. Worth the trouble of using several markers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, that focal panel is a real labour of cherry love, Caroline! Gorgeous, "cottage-y", look (that reminds me of a dress I wore in my 20s!). Such a pretty card, and great way to showcase Real Red.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.