Wednesday 15 March 2023

Colour Creations - Week 44



Hello & welcome everyone!

Thank you for joining me for Week 44 of the Colour Creations blog hop from the Art with Heart Team. This week our projects are featuring Sahara Sand from the Neutrals Collection of Stampin' Up! colours.

As far as neutral colours go, Sahara Sand runs a very close second to Crumb Cake for me. But oddly enough I usually only reach for it when I want to create these type of cards.


This combination of subtle colours evokes feelings of peace and calm, but they would work equally well on a wedding or an engagement card for an elegant look. I have combined Blushing Bride and Basic White with subtle elements of gilded gold leafing to team with Sahara Sand. It's such a soft and pretty colour combination.


I continued with the gold accents and heat embossed the sentiment in gold embossing powder. It's from the Go to Greetings stamp set and is one of my favourite sets with a variety of sizes and font styles to choose from.


With soft and subtle thoughts running through my head I decided to add the colour of Blushing Bride ink to a piece of Basic White cardstock with a blending brush. That way I could control the amount of colour I wanted, and the lighter and darker shades was the effect I was going for. In hindsight I was slightly heavy handed with the strength of Sahara Sand ink behind the die cut element, but it helps to ground the piece.

From the piece of hand coloured card stock I was able to die cut the flowers and sentiment label. The dies from the Dainty Delight Bundle are a combination of delicate stand alone and solid dies for the coordinating images from the stamp set. The sentiment was cut with a Something Fancy die, and it sits over a double bow of linen thread. I used a combination of solid and elegant faceted gems for that last little, subtle touch.


A simple matted layout inside the card.


Although it's not easy to tell, the front layer is popped up on a stack of card stock to give it a bit of height. I saw a demonstrator from New Zealand do this with the backing card that comes in our packs of DSP. Cutting it to a size slightly less than your decorated layer, each piece is then glued together 3 or 4 high depending on the amount of dimension you want. It gives you a lower profile and saves using so many Stampin' dimensionals as well as re-purposing!

It's time for me to say goodbye and thank you for stopping by on your way through our blog hop.

You'll be visiting the lovely, Theresa Gerrard next.



To see the complete list of all tonight's participants head over to the blog of our lovely host, Catherine.






Product List

10 comments:

  1. Soft and pretty is right! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, Caroline. I love the delicacy of this card and I don't think you were too heavy handed with your shading. It looks just right to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely softness in the Blushing Bride floral elements which pairs nicely with Sahara Sand. Also love the touches of gold in your card Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful soft and feminine card Caroline. Blushing Bride works perfectly with Sahara Sand. I think the shading behind the dies cuts is just perfect. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! It is dainty and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the soft and feminine tones you've chosen, Caroline. The little gold accents are an added bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love your colour combination Caroline - a very elegant card. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely use of flower dies to lighten the Sahara Sand background, love the linen thread and the matted inside with another little flower. Perfect for any reason.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I do love your soft card Caroline. The 'blush' of Blushing Bride works so beautifully with the Sahara Sand and white. I particularly like the sweep of colour behind the dainty flowers and your double bow is glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *Sigh* ... sooooo pretty, Caroline! I love the subtle application of Blushing Bride ink to white cardstock, and the gold leaf touches. Such beautiful, delicate details.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.