Wednesday 22 March 2023

Colour Creations - Week 45



Hello everyone!

Welcome to Week 45 of the Colour Creations blog hop from members of the Art with Heart Team.

Tonight our projects will be featuring the colour of Shaded Spruce. It is a lovely shade of emerald green, and it's from the Regals Collection of Stampin' Up! colours.


The card I'm sharing with you all tonight is my version of the template for A Sheetload of Cards for January 2023 from Call Me Crafty Al.


Alicia gave measurements to make 8 cards or just a single one, as I have done here. These sweet Mini Slimline cards are quick to make and I chose to make them with patterns from the Regency Park 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper pack. 

Shaded Spruce is just one of the featured colours in this pretty pack of patterned papers. On my card I have included two other colours from the pack - Balmy Blue and Night of Navy.


The birthday sentiment is from the Something Fancy stamp set and I have stamped it onto Balmy Blue card stock with Night of Navy ink. I used one of the banner dies from the Stylish Shapes Dies to cut it out, trimming off one end with my paper snips.

The Shaded Spruce foliage was cut using a die from the Forever Flourishing Dies, and the lovely bow is made using single strands of Evening Evergreen open weave ribbon. By cutting the satin edge off the ribbon it frays, and that's how you get the individual strands.


The colour of the tiny leaves on the loose daisy embellishments is listed as Old Olive, but I think it looks more like Shaded Spruce, which is perfect for tonight's card! I threw on a few Night of Navy enamel dots as well.


I've listed the Stampin' Up! products I used on my card in thumbnail images that are linked to my online store. You'll find the list below this post.

It's time for me to say goodbye and thank you for stopping by on your way through our blog hop.

You'll be visiting the lovely, Tina Gillespie next.



If you happen to find a broken link you can see the complete list of all tonight's participants over on the blog of our lovely host, Catherine.

Stay safe and well. See you all again next time.




Product List

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Caroline, I've never seen a mini slimline card before - this looks fab! Best use I've seen of those tiny daisy embellishments too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how pretty! The DSP is a fabulous choice, and I adore the strands of frayed ribbon as a trim. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Caroline. I really love how you have frayed the ribbon and those daisies are very cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous slimline card, Caroline. Those flower embellishments are so darn cute and are perfect on your card. Lovely layering too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card, Caroline, as is your specialty! I love the sentiment stamped in Night of Navy on Balmy Blue card, and I just adore how you have used the gorgeous tiny daisy embellishments. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great slimline card, with the shades of blue, it really makes the Shaded Spruce leaves just pop off the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful, beautiful slimline card Caroline. I love the way you have used the DSP, combining Shaded Spruce with Balmy Blue and Night of Navy. The added Shaded Spruce leaves with the sentiment are delightful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great use of DSP, and the tip about the fraying ribbon is a good one, love that look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very pretty card that showcases Shaded Spruce perfectly. I love the addition of the flower embellishments and the frayed ribbon bow.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.