Wednesday 29 March 2023

Colour Creations - Week 46



Hello & welcome everyone!

Thank you for joining us for Week 46 of the Colour Creations blog hop from members of the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! Team.

We are featuring another colour from the Neutrals Collection tonight and it's Smoky Slate.


This is my favourite shade of grey. It's a lovely light, silvery grey. When thinking of ways to showcase Smoky Slate, cute little elephant images kept popping into my head, so I went with the flow and chose the Elephant Parade Bundle to feature on my card.


You'll find this bundle on page 48 of the Annual Catalogue. It consists of a gorgeous stamp set and coordinating dies. In fact, there is a die for every single image!


The images and sentiments are perfect for creating cards, scrapbook pages and home décor pieces for little humans, or those who just absolutely adore anything cute. (that's me!)


I thought it would be nice to have one of these cards on hand. I'll pop it in my stash, and when the need arises I will add the appropriate colour. Equally, it could be used for a "little ones" birthday card by adding a coloured balloon. There just happens to be a stamp and die for that in the set!

I stamped the flower image all over the Basic White scalloped die cut in Smoky Slate ink. You could change the flower to the peanut or the butterfly, even the leaves from the set. Originally, I stamped the elephant straight onto the Stylish Shape square but decided to stamp again and use the die to cut it out so I could pop him up. It looks much better.


Little Ellie or Eli, is stamped in Basic Gray onto Smoky Slate. I used the basic gray water colour pencil to add the shading. It really is cuteness overload - I think it's those eyes.

I used dimensionals to pop up the die cuts, but some card was added behind the scalloped rectangle to give it some height with a much lower profile.


I love all the white space. Are you a fan?

I've listed the Stampin' Up! products I used on my card in thumbnail images that are linked to my online store. You'll find the list below this post.

It's time for me to say goodbye and thank you for stopping by on your way through our blog hop.

You'll be visiting the lovely, Kathryn Ruddick next.


If you happen to find a broken link you can see the complete list of all tonight's participants over on the blog of our lovely host, Catherine Proctor.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.




Product List

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I am a huge fan of the white space, Caroline. This is so super sweet, that cute little elephant is adorable and I love the little stamped flower image. The stitching adds to the cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with Little Ellie, all that white space, as well as the way you used the basic gray water colour pencil to add the shading. So clever and cute, cute, cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the white, perfect for a newbie on the block. A classic card beautifully created. The coloured labels are a super idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so cute Caroline. I love your use of grey with lots of white space around the focal area. The random stamping of the flower is delightful and the little elephant is cuteness overload. Love your layering. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa Gerrard30 March 2023 at 18:18

    Oh my Caroline this is such a cute card and what a great idea to have the 2 sentiments on hand depending on the baby. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. iI too am a fan of white space Caroline - sometimes less is better! And I love the versitility of your card and how you can simply pop the appropriately coloured sentiment on it when it's needed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Caroline! I love that you can mix and match the sentiment with a pop of colour - but even without that, its still a delightful card with all the lovely layers.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.