Wednesday 7 June 2023

Colour Creations - Week 6



Hello and welcome everyone to Week 6 of the Colour Creations blog hop from members of the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! Team.

Tonight our projects were made to showcase a beautiful new colour addition to the Brights Family - Azure Afternoon.

Azure Afternoon

Azure Afternoon is such a gorgeous, sky blue colour.
Looking out of my craft room window today though I can't see much blue at all. Just a cloudy, wintery June day. So lets brighten up the page with some pics of my card.


I grabbed my Sending Smiles stamp set and the coordinating Sending Dies, because I haven't used them in a while. I stamped the flowers onto Azure Afternoon card stock in Versamark ink and heat set with white embossing powder. Next, I stamped the leafy stem in Granny Apple Green onto Basic White card stock. They were then cut out with their matching dies.


You can see the shiny embossed look of the flowers much better in this photo. Each flower centre was stamped in Azure Afternoon.

The smaller stamped flowers are from the same stamp set, as is the stamped sentiment. They are all stamped in Azure Afternoon. All of the die cuts are from the Sending Dies, except for the Vellum circle and the trellis die cut. I actually think it's supposed to be a wafer, because it's from the Share A Milkshake dies, but I've used it here as the trellis behind the flower, and I love how it looks!


A narrow strip of Night of Navy card stock separates the DSP from the stamped top section. The gingham pattern is from the Glorious Gingham 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper pack and the colour is Blueberry Bushel. It coordinates nicely with Azure Afternoon.

Using a Blending Brush and Azure Afternoon ink, I coloured a piece of Basic White card stock and used the background silhouette die to cut out the shape. The 'Sending' word was cut straight from Azure Afternoon card stock. Before cutting though, I did add some adhesive sheet. This makes it so much easier to line up over the background piece, and no messy glue oozes out!


Here's what I did on the inside.
Soft shades of Azure Afternoon ink were added to another piece of Basic White card stock with the Blending Brush, and cut out with hearts from the Share A Milkshake dies. Lastly I added a strip of the DSP and card stock to tie everything together.


To embellish the front I made a double bow of Linen Thread, and attached a few Basic Rhinestones for a bit of sparkle. Oh, and some splatters of white craft ink refill mixed with a drop of water over the smaller stamped flowers.

I'll share a list of store linked thumbnail images below of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create my card. I hope you find that reference useful.

I think that's it, so I'll say goodbye now and thank you so much for stopping by on your way through our blog hop. Check in with us next week as we showcase Bubble Bath for Week 7 of the Colour Creations blog hop from the Art with Heart Team.

You'll be visiting the lovely host of our blog hop next, Catherine Proctor.


Catherine always has a list of our team contributors to the hop, so if you experience any issues linking to the next blog you'll find them all on Catherine's blog.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.



Product List

11 comments:

  1. Rachel Woollard7 June 2023 at 20:18

    Lovely fresh card Caroline, I really like the shiny texture on your flowers and the gingham DSP looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the trellis behind the gorgeous daisies looks fantastic. It was a great idea to heat emboss the daisies onto the Azure cardstock. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the layers and textures in your card, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous card Caroline. I love the white embossing of the flowers on the Azure Afternoon cardstock - it’s so effective. Your layering of the trellis and vellum circular label under the flowers is delightful. Love your colour combo too - the 3 blues with a touch of Granny Apple Green is beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the trellis, love the embossed shiny flower - love everything about this beautiful blue card, Caroline!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa Gerrard8 June 2023 at 10:00

    Such a lovely card to feature Azure Afternoon Caroline. As others have said the addition of the trellis is great. The hint of Granny Apple Green for the leaves breaks the card up beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of the white heat embossed flowers on the Azure Afternoon cardstock, so pretty. I was impressed that you chose lots of colours and patterns, away from your prodimantly white cards. Don't get me wrong, I love those, but it did take me by surprise with this one. All the layers are beautifully put together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card and all the lovely details. I love the trellis cut out from the Milkshake dies! That was genius! Love the vellum circle under the flowers as well that just adds that lift and focal point for the flowers that are so perfect! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel Palmieri8 June 2023 at 21:39

    There are so many things to love about this card Caroline. The embossed flowers look great, the trellis piece adds lovely texture and the gingham is something I’d have never thought of but looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the mix of blues on your card, Caroline. The flowers heat-embossed on Azure Afternoon card look gorgeous, as do the smaller flowers stamped in the background. Lovely card. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many things to love about this card, you have a lovely mix of blues and trellis die cut behind the flower are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.