Wednesday 28 June 2023

Colour Creations - Week 9



Hello everyone and welcome to Week 9 of the Colour Creations blog hop from the Art with Heart Team.

Tonight our projects will be showcasing the newest colour to be added to the Neutrals family of Stampin' Up! colours - Pecan Pie.

Pecan Pie

This week I decided to have a play with my recent purchase of the Timeless Arrangements bundle.


 A simple 'thank you' card is what I ended up making.

There are so many options for arranging these gorgeous blooms and leaves from the Timeless Arrangements dies. In the set are five stand alone dies that coordinate with stamped images, three different sized rectangles with stitch detail suitable for wording and sentiments, and the ones I've used here which are attached to a narrow bar that can be stacked and glued together to build up the foliage.


I chose the colours of Berry Burst, Bubble Bath, Crumb Cake and Parakeet Party to go with Pecan Pie. I gave the Berry Burst flowers a bit of interest by stamping tone on tone with what looks like little crosses from the stamp set. Once I had stacked and glued them all together, I carefully intertwined the pieces by using a pair of tweezers.

To create the Basic White frame I used the smallest of the Radiating Stitches die to cut the opening and the next size up to score just around the outside edge with a stylus nib. The sentiment is heat embossed in white and cut out with one of the rectangles I mentioned earlier. A piece of Pecan Pie Designer Series Paper from the Glorious Gingham 6" x 6" pack gives it the country look I love.


Here's the inside.


Gold accents along with brass butterflies and champagne sparkle gems, go great with Pecan Pie!

Below this post you'll find thumbnail images of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create this card.

I'll say good bye now and thank you for stopping by on your way through our blog hop.
Check in with us next week as we showcase Balmy Blue for Week 10 of the Colour Creations blog hop from the Art with Heart Team.

You'll be visiting the lovely, Ros Davidson next.


If you happen to find a broken link whilst hopping, the list of all tonight's participants can be found on Catherine's blog.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.





Product List

11 comments:

  1. Caroline, you have created a gorgeous 'cottagey' card with that lovely gingham paper in the background. I absolutely love the gold and champagne accents, it really adds a touch of glamour. Beautiful colour choice for the flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel Woollard28 June 2023 at 20:38

    Beautiful card Caroline, love your colour scheme and the touch of gold adds a beautiful feature

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so you, Caroline! I love the country feel with the gingham and the subtle gold and champagne accents. so elegant and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may call this "simple", Caroline, but it is simply beautiful! I love the gingham (always a winner!), the embossed frame, and all the delicate floral details. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how pretty! I love the gingham behind the gorgeous flowers, and the scored border is a great finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Caroline, very clean and finished off so neatly. The gingham looks great against the crisp white.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theresa Gerrard29 June 2023 at 10:59

    Such a beautifully elegant card Caroline. I really love it's crispness and the colour combo you have chosen is perfect. I also love the "peeper"of the shimmer paper it is like baby bears porridge. Just right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Caroline. I love the clean lines and expanse of white - gorgeous. The timeless arrangement is delightful sitting over the Pecan Pie Gingham DSP. The fine accents of shimmer paper and embellishments are delightful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really sweet card. I love how you have used dsp behind a window and added some really sweet elements.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Caroline! I love all the white with the shimmer paper and the centre focal point is simply beautiful. I think your card is perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. My immediate reaction to your gorgeous card was "oh yum!". I love the colour choices put together with the crispness of the white. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.