Wednesday 26 July 2023

Colour Creations - Week 13


Hello everyone.
Welcome to Week 13 of the Colour Creations blog hop from the Art with Heart Team.

I've been MIA (missing in action) from the past few weeks of our hop, but I'm back tonight and sharing my project featuring Blackberry Bliss. It's now a member of the Neutrals family of Stampin' Up! colours.

Blackberry Bliss



I drew inspiration from this pattern from the Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper. I'll confess that I don't love all of the designs, but I do love the colours and I do love this pattern in particular. Berry Burst is quite prominent throughout the pack and Blackberry Bliss is a lovely complimentary colour. Berry Burst is just a shade or two lighter than Blackberry Bliss - it has similar tones.


I chose the Color & Contour stamp set and coordinating Scalloped Contours Dies for the focal points of the card. It's really hard to see in the photo but after stamping the flowers in Blackberry Bliss onto Basic White, I took a blending brush and added some soft colouring around the edge of the petals. Using Wink of Stella I coloured the centres which pulls the colour of ink, then I grabbed my Blackberry Bliss Stampin' Blend marker and added some darker colour spots.


I stamped the background splatters in white craft ink before adding the stamped and die cut flowers. The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed in gold onto Bubble Bath card stock and trimmed with my paper snips. 


I finished the design by adding a gold twine bow and some gorgeous sparkly gems.
You'll find a thumbnail list of Stampin' Up! products I used to make my card below this post.

Now it's time to say goodbye and thank you for stopping by on your way through our blog hop.

You'll be visiting the lovely host of our blog hop next, Catherine Proctor.


Catherine always has the list of our contributors to the hop, so if you experience any issues linking to the next blog you'll find them all on Catherine's blog.

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.



Product List

9 comments:

  1. Rachel Woollard26 July 2023 at 20:26

    Stunning cards Caroline, the Masterfully Made DSP makes a wonderful background for your flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Caroline, the DSP really does pop behind the lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often use the scalloped rectangle dies from this bundle, but don't think to use the stamps ... you've created a beautiful card with them, Caroline. I really like how the white craft ink looks on Blackberry Bliss card (the background splatters), and how nicely Berry Burst goes with this strong colour. The addition of ink around the edges of the flower petals gives a lovely soft look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very smart idea to use that DSP, Caroline - it looks wonderful against your Blackberry Bliss flowers. Such a fabulously feminine card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Caroline where the Blackberry Bliss scalloped panel is a great base for the stamped flowers without overpowering the floral DSP. And Berry Burst complements thus weeks feature colour so well too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what pretty DSP on an absolutely gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theresa Gerrard28 July 2023 at 15:32

    Oh I do like the splattered background you have created Caroline and the softening of the flower edges. Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Caroline, that is one of my favourite prints of DSP too. I love the white splatters on the feature panel and those flowers are perfect. A beautiful feminine card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Caroline, I love the DSP. Your splatter background under your flowers is perfect. A really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.