Wednesday 2 August 2023

Colour Creations - Week 14


Hi everyone!
It's Week 14 of the Colour Creations blog hop from the Art with Heart Team. This week our projects are showcasing Blueberry Bushel, a member of the Regals Family of Stampin' Up! colours.

Blueberry Bushel

It's off to evening art class with the Les Shoppes 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper.


LES SHOPPES 12" X 12" (30.5 X 30.5 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER


It's so easy to create your own little shop front scenes with the gorgeous images from these patterns, and that's exactly what I did for my card this week. There is a stamp set and coordinating dies, but I only bought the paper. The images are so easy to cut with your paper snips.


By cutting out extra pieces, I was able to get a paper tole effect. Foliage for the potted planters, the paint brush sign, awning, window boxes and the top of the building were all added with dimensionals for the 3D look.


 The dimension might be a little bit easier to see in this pic.


The Blueberry Bushel component of the card is the Glorious Gingham DSP frame cut from the Radiating Stitches Dies, and card stock for the softly moonlit evening sky as the background for the shop front.

The sentiment was heat embossed in white and cut out with a Stylish Shapes die. I shortened the sentiment to have it say what I wanted, and it comes from the Pansy Patch stamp set.


The inside is simply matted and I have added a one dimension image of the potted plant but with some 3D loose daisy embellishments that echo the front of the card.


A vellum moon, Wink of Stella stars plus a silver gem for the door handle finish off the look I was going for.
See if you can guess which die I used to make the moon from the Stampin' Up! products listed below this post.



Thanks for stopping by on your way through our blog hop. Let's go see how the rest of the team have used Blueberry Bushel in their creations.

You'll be visiting the lovely, Theresa Gerrard, next.


If you happen to have any issues with linking to the next blog, you will find the entire list of participants with our lovely hop host, Catherine Proctor.

Until next time, stay safe and well.






Product List

10 comments:

  1. I love this cute dsp and it provides a gorgeous focal point. But I really liked the subtle impact of the radiating stitches on the gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little scene is adorable, Caroline, especially with the gingham background. I want to go to evening art class now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa Gerrard2 August 2023 at 21:31

    The way you have created the paper toile look is very effective Caroline and I love the effect of the Wink of Stella in the sky. Backing with the gingham is perfect as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utterly delightful, Caroline! I love all the dimensional details, the night sky, and your use of the daisy embellishments. The gingham frame is just gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh way too cute, I would definitely go to art class there with you Caroline! Love all your extra little touches. Gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caroline such a delightful shop front framed with the gingham paper and the dimension created using the paper tole effect is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, what a sweet card! I have this DSP arriving soon, and now I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an adorable scene using Paper Snips to cut out the design from the DSP. I love those little loose flower embellishments you added to your pots too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so cute Caroline. I love your layering with the added dimension of different aspects of the shop and the cute daisy embellishments. Great background details too. I initially thought the moon was die cut with the Stylish Shapes but then the Vellum didn’t have stitching around the edge so I am wondering if the moon was cut with a Beautiful Balloon die?? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love that you have combined the shops with gingham, an inspired combination. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.