Monday 7 August 2023

Heart of Christmas - Week 1



Hello everyone!
It's that time of the year where members of the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! team start sharing our festive projects with you all in the Heart of Christmas weekly blog hop.

So without further ado - let's get hopping!


I had very little in the way of anything "christmassy" to create my card so I concentrated on the sentiment only stamp set, Brightest Glow. This stamp set and the coordinating Labels Aglow dies are a carry over from last years July-December mini catalogue.

Brightest Glow Stamp Set  A/C pge 42



After flipping through the Annual Catalogue for inspiration, I finally decided to CASE this card on page 154.




I gave a festive touch to the Timeless Arrangements stamps and dies by using sponge daubers and Pretty Peacock ink to match the Glorious Gingham DSP, and Stampin' Blends in both light & dark shades of Cherry Cobbler and Real Red. Some die cuts in Distressed Gold Specialty Paper made it into the mix as well.


After the focal elements were attached, I felt that something was missing - it needed a frame of some sort.

I didn't want anything too heavy, so I grabbed a retired Stampin' Write marker in the colour of Tranquil Tide, remember that one, and drew freehand lines, squiggles and stars around the square edge. I feel it adds just the right amount of something.


I echoed the same design on the inside of the card.


To finish I added a mix of gems, and a few stars were cut from the Distressed Gold paper with dies from the Cracker & Treat Box set.

You'll find a list of the Stampin' Up! products I used to make my card below this post.

Thank you so much for stopping by on your way through Week 1 of our Heart of Christmas blog hop for 2023. I hope to see you all again next week.

You'll be visiting our lovely host next, Sharon Davern.


If you do encounter any problems with linking to the next blog, the lovely Sharon will have the complete list of participants for each week over on her blog. 

Stay safe and well. See you all again soon.








Product List

12 comments:

  1. Love your freehand squiggles - they work so well on your country Christmas card, Caroline. Great CASEing of a nom-Christmas card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline such a clever idea to use the Timeless Arrangement stamps and dies in Christmas colours for your floral arrangement. Love the addition of the freehand drawn frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much! The colours, the paper, the layers, and especially the hand-drawn border. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel Woollard7 August 2023 at 21:12

    Lots to love about your card Caroline. I also really like the card you chose to case. The non Christmas sets look really Chrismassy in the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your choice of Pretty Peacock gingham paper for the background, Caroline. It beautifully shows off the festive cluster in the centre of the card. The freehand "doodled" frame is a fantastic finishing touch to your card. Lovely work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great CASE, Caroline. Your card looks very Christmass-y and the hand doodled border looks amazing. I would never be brave enough to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caroline, the Timeless Arrangements bundle was a perfect choice, as was the Pretty Peacock gingham paper, to accompany your chosen greeting. They work perfectly together for a true Christmas feel. And, the hand drawn doodles are the perfect finishing touch. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that you have used Timeless Arrangements for your card, they are one of my favourites of the new annual catalogue and you have made a wonderful Christmas card with them! I love the doodles that works so well! So creative! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theresa Gerrard9 August 2023 at 13:49

    Such a lovely festive card Caroline and I really love how you have used the non traditional colours. Your freehand squiggles and lines do add a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Caroline, you are so game adding those squiggly lines to create the border after everything was stuck down! It looks amazing too by the way. I love how you've used the Timeless Arrangement dies to create a Chrismassy feel; it really works, and wonderful colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Christine - what a beautiful Christmas cards. I so love your use of non-Christmas products and your hand-drawn lines, squiggles and stars are divine. xxx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.